|
Monday, 7 May 2007 Y 13:58 I have just finished Chemistry. Don't ask me about it. To sidetrack my anger over chem, I shall talk about this song which I heard over the radio this morning, one that I haven't heard in.. Oh, shall we say 3 months or something? And I've practically forgotten how I used to love that song. Its a song called "Grace Kelly" by Mika. Lyrics - Grace Kelly by Mika Courtesy of http://www.lyrics.astraweb.com/display/56/mika..life_in_cartoon_motion..grace_kelly.html Do I attract you? Do I repulse you with my queasy smile? Am I too dirty? Am I too flirty? Do I like what you like? I could be wholesome I could be loathsome I guess I'm a little bit shy Why don't you like me? Why don't you like me without making me try? I try to be like Grace Kelly But all her looks were too sad So I try a little Freddie I've gone identity mad! I could be brown I could be blue I could be violet sky I could be hurtful I could be purple I could be anything you like Gotta be green Gotta be mean Gotta be everything more Why don't you like me? Why don't you like me? Why don't you walk out the door! How can I help it How can I help it How can I help what you think? Hello my baby Hello my baby Putting my life on the brink Why don't you like me Why don't you like me Why don't you like yourself? Should I bend over? Should I look older just to be put on the shelf? I try to be like Grace Kelly But all her looks were too sad So I try a little Freddie I've gone identity mad! I could be brown I could be blue I could be violet sky I could be hurtful I could be purple I could be anything you like Gotta be green Gotta be mean Gotta be everything more Why don't you like me? Why don't you like me? Why don't you walk out the door! Say what you want to satisfy yourself But you only want what everybody else says you should want I could be brown I could be blue I could be violet sky I could be hurtful I could be purple I could be anything you like Gotta be green Gotta be mean Gotta be everything more Why don't you like me? Why don't you like me? Why don't you walk out the door! I love this song. Basically, this song has got ALOT to do with Literature. Some background on this is that it was released for download, and it topped the charts. I don't wonder why. According to Wikipedia, "It was designed to be a mocking satire of musicians who try to reinvent themselves to be popular." Well, I can tell. Its basically Mika's bad experience with some people. And apparently, as I read, its supposed to be according to the tune of the Marriage of Figaro. And Figaro basically means Barber in French. I love showing off my general knowledge :) I'm starting to get this into my head, because I'm basically doing stuff for the sake of pleasing people around me. I'm studying physics, not because I actually want to pass the damn test tomorrow, but just so that I can please those people controlling my life right now. WTFH. Today was.. alright I guess. While the Elect History and Geog people were frantically trying to unpackage their bundles of knowledge swallowed from the textbook, the Elect Lit people were in the Library. Having Fun, no doubt. Having so much fun that the damn librarian had to come up and tell us to shut up 3 times. And I wasn't the one making the noise - it was the people discussing about moles who did that. I slept, actually. :) And back in the classroom, I tried pissing people off by telling them:"While you wer frantically writing 6 essays, I was in the Library, revising for Chem." It worked. Some, of course. The scholars obviously didn't give a damn, Juanita said:"I'm freaking out now," so I told her to chill; Kailin said:"I wanna punch you now." and Hyeon said:"Fuck off." So, MISSION FULFILLED. And during Chem test, Mr M came in and I was thinking: Okay, he's got a message for me; AND I WAS RIGHT. He came about Debates. OMG, 23rd May!! I can't even think straight. I can't even debate; [I realised that it rhymes: "straight" and "debate"] Sneha's fault for picking me!! DAMN. Please don't kill me if we lose the debates, my darling ELDDS people. I've gotta say this beforehand. We've got a deal. OMG, A DEBATE. Something else that’s on my plate. TagBoard Replies:- Clarence: I basically talk to myself practically all the time. Must be a character trait of being an only child. But I don't mind. I get to understand myself better. And thanks for the wishes! Same to you! Hahah, you still have 6 more papers. I still have 3! :) - I love irritating people - Tinaes: Yes, you basically wasn't the first to tag from the start. I WAS. Michelle came in first, than Clarence the Cloud Boy and then you. There's no prize for being the third, I'm sorry. :) |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |