Friday, 29 June 2007 Y 15:17

Okay, remember I promised you people to blog about yesterday and today? So yeah.
___________________________________________________________________

Yesterday [Thursday]:

First lesson was Chinese. Have I told you that I have a great Chinese teacher? Well, I do. And she was trying to test us on the deeper meanings of the deeper meanings in the text that we were reading. Okay, she was just trying to ask us what we thought of the lines. After comparing, I kinda thought that her answers were quite different from mine. Maybe I just so happen to have the non-Model type of answer, so they were so much different. Oh, did I mention that I finished Chinese homework on Wednesday? Or did I hand it in on Wednesday? I kinda forgot. But I actually did do my homework, which I am very proud of. And Shihan said that I was gonna turn into a Chinese nerd. Which I was trying hard to feel proud of that title.
___________________________________________________________________

Next was PE, which we didn't do much, so it doesn't deserve a little section in my post, but I'm a fair person. When I came down to the parade square for PE, I caught Aish and Lava lazing around at the rotunda, so I asked them what they thought they were doing, but Aish said that she wanted to stall time. Very funny, Aish. So we pretended that we sprained our ankles, and we limped all the way to the end of the rotunda when we saw that our class was behind us. How stupid. Took height and weight, and I shan't elaborate on that. But I do have to mention that we played traditional games, meaning the chatek, the spa-craw ball or something that sounds like that, and five stones. I chose five stones, because I forgot how to play five stones. And I actually succeeded in playing the five stones while telling and listening to ghost stories. So yeah, I was great. Then Mrs Leow came and saw us playing the games, so she joined in, playing chatek. And then she played with the top, or some weird, brown top with white string, and then she played five stones with us. 3S2, the class which was having PE with us, with their PE teacher being Ms Yvonne Ong, all watched Mrs Leow playing chatek, the top and five stones. Jeez, they must have been jealous of us. And they were also watching in awe of the picture of Qianqian playing the chatek. I do have to mention that she's a bit too mutli-talented. And Mrs Leow was complaining that the ground in the parade square was too rough to catch her five stones properly. So we let her relive her childhood, but it wasn't a very long time before it was finally recess.
___________________________________________________________________

Recess was alright. Well, kind of. I can't remember what I ate. So I shall skip to what happened after recess.
___________________________________________________________________

After recess was.. E-math. Which I have no recollection of. But I do remember Ms Lin telling us something about glucose intake, but I have no idea of what glucose intake, because it was maths, not science. So I'll skip to the next class.
___________________________________________________________________

Next was chemistry. Mrs Leow came in and taught us about the oxidation state and stuff. I can't believe that I still can't get oxidising reagent and reducing agents correctly. And I conveniently forgot to bring my Chemistry textbook home, so I'm cooked. But I did understand the oxidation state one, because its simply mathematical matters. So I'm fine with it.
___________________________________________________________________

After 1 period of Chemistry was A-math. Mr Choy came in and gave us a few questions, of which I absolutely have no idea how to answer them. As in, I just knew little slips of information, with no actual bondage to link them together. So it was kind of a disaster. But towards the lesson, I managed to be able to solve just one stupid question, and Shihan, Nadhirah and I cheered loudly, which kind of scared Mr Choy, I think. But it was fun.
___________________________________________________________________

Lunch was after that, and we had a few good laughs about hair and uniforms. I shan't disclose what. It won't be fun after that.
___________________________________________________________________

The next lesson was Geography, which was really painful. We learnt about rivers, and though I copied down almost everything, I couldn't get anything to squeeze into my brain capillaries. I shall review the topic about Rivers again.
___________________________________________________________________

Biology was last, thank god. Ms Ng was going through the Holiday Homework with us. And we tried to stall time by asking about why crabs walk sideways, where crabs' hearts are, do crabs have brains, and everything about crabs. But the attempt didn't work, because in the end, everyone was late for CCA. Next time, when we try to stall time, we should do effective planning by coming up with a list of questions and make the teacher answer them.
___________________________________________________________________

ELDDS was after school, which I have to thank god for. It was quite fun, but I was really tired. Alot of important ELDDS personas did not come, thanks to the stupid Speech Day rehearsal. Lucky me, I'm not involved in Speech Day. But why are ELDDS people so wanted when they want someone to give a speech? Its not as though other people from other societies and CCAs cannot speak well! In fact, my very own sister from Sec 2, Rachel Chng, could speak as well, or sometimes even better than another ELDDS member! Why is the department just snatching away our girls from their CCA to go for some event which is happening in a month's time?!

But yesterday's session was quite fun. Mr M came down and talked to us about being a comedian, which I personally think that its a very stressful job that I shouldn't like to hold.

Comedians are not funny people. They are serious people. They look at things which they don't like, and make fun out of it. Comedians are not stupid people just because they act stupid. They are wise and intelligent people, who exaggerate the situation and make it funny. The stupid people are those who watch the comedians act, and they don't realise that they have done the same stupid thing themselves before. Comedy is not about making people laugh at this guy acting stupid in front of you. Comedy is about realising just how wise this guy in front, acting stupid, is hinting that you were once acting stupid too.

Split up into groups to make jokes. Its not easy to make one. So I decided to tell everyone about the amazing revelation that I found a joke in my Biology textbook. It said,"Bile emulsifies fat into tiny fat globules.". Seriously, tiny fat globules. Science. Kristie laughed to nuts at that. And I was poking fun at our Biology holiday homework too, because there was one question in the MCQ which read,"A student tested his fluid lunch,". Whatthehell is a fluid lunch?! See, my observations prove that I did do Biology during the holidays.

ELDDS had to come to an end, just like all other good things, which is deeply saddening. Azalea and I and Chits helped Mr M carry this heavy load that he was carrying to the GO, and he told us that we were gonna get CD labels for Youth Day the next day. CD labels. So I told Azalea that she could use them to go label her CDs for her PBL project. Which was a really good idea. Then Azalea and I ran to the toliet, not because we were urgent, but because she was urgent and I had to follow her. Juniors.

Then Chits, Azalea and I had a really interesting conversation, which is a topic quite normal amongst ELDDS members. I shan't elaborate, people should already know what I mean.
___________________________________________________________________

And Thursday ended like that. Shall handle today in another post.