|
Tuesday, 10 July 2007 Y 21:08 Today was a sleepy day. Its an all-humanities day! With mother tongue thrown in as the first period, of course. ___________________________________________________________________ Oh yeah, did I mention that I went to SSC on Sunday and I bowled? Hahah, and it was shit. But I had a game that went up to 178, which is someone else's average, but still - its not everyday that I get 178, you know. My score sucks. And I said that to show off. Of course, there was nothing absolute to show off, hence I shall proceed unto my blogging today. ___________________________________________________________________ Okay, so the first lesson was Mother tongue. Chinese, really. And I was sleepy, and we had to read out our beautifully written descriptive paragraphs that we did as a group, and quite naturally, I got picked on to be the one to read. It has been a daily routine or trend amongst teachers since I was Primary 2. And because I was still groggy even though I "properly" woke up at 630, so as to speak, and we had to read the paragraph at 800, my head couldn't register the words and characters properly, so I ended up with billions of misread words. Of course. But it wasn't really my fault, Cherlyn was the one who was supposed to read with me but she trailed off afte reading.. what.. 3 characters and I had to read the other 213 words ALL BY MYSELF. So much for being my Ping, Cherlyn. Hahah, but I forgive you. Heheh. ___________________________________________________________________ SS was after that, which kinda turned out to be alright. Or so I thought. Until my name got called to answer a question [Note: Twice in 2 lessons] by Mr Poon, which I never ever thought that he would get my name registered into his Book of Names. But it got there somehow or another. Maybe its because Juanita, Aish, Hyeon and Song Yang of the Hobbit group has been trying to expel me from the Middle Earth Secondary School ever since Mr Poon introduced it. Jeez. Really, the thing that amazes me is how teachers are able to remember student's names. Or more specifically, mine. I think I must be a commonly repeated name in the staff room, so every teacher knows Michelle. I mean, seriously. Even Ms Low Geok Pin, our CME teacher, knows my name. It is extremely freaky. But oh well. Keep talking about me, it keeps me famous. Famous = Notorious. Hurh. But yeah, after I got called to answer a question, which Juanita cruelly laughed at, she got called to answer a question. And I cruelly laughed back. Heheh. Evil people. SS was alright. Mr Poon was introducing to us the idea of Terrorism, and I got quite snappy over it. If that's the word. And I debated for about 1 minute with Shihan for it. And we debated over the Internal Security Act as well. I shall discuss these politics later on in my blog. When I feel like it. When I have the time. Why? Because I feel strongly against / for this particular topic, and hence I shall debate my point while Shihan puts up jokes about Singaporean JCs in her blog. Hurh. Shihan. :) ___________________________________________________________________ Recess was okay. I ate Roti John, to which Cherlyn commented it was the cousin of Roti Fred. Hahah Cherlyn. You're stupid. But I laughed anyway to make you feel better. Hahah! ___________________________________________________________________ Geog was after recess. Geog is.. I dunno what it is. I've never really properly come to appreciate the subject for what it is, but I think I will someday. Ms Karen Tan taught us about Ox-bow lakes and levees and all the geographical terms I will come to use one day. Amanda Quek brought some exhange student from HangZhou today. She's interesting, but she's very quiet. Her name's Jia Qing and her english name is Julia. I was asking if she spoke English, and she replied softly,"A little,". Seriously, I have no idea why she spoke so softly, or even our class's scholars, for that matter. From what I hear from their soft English, they speak well. I'm serious. Even though English is considered as a second language to them, they handle it fluently. If only they were a bit more confident. The Chinese scholars in ELDDS are very confident of their speech, which I personally think is the correct way to think. I have heard CCTV 4 reporters speak before, and I personally think that any of our scholars could go to CCTV 4 and get a job reporting in English. And Mandarin, of course. But yes, I think it would be very nice if our scholars could speak loudly and clearly. Because their pronunciation and their use of verbs is mostly accurate, and they shouldn't be ashamed of their "poor" English speech, because its not "poor" at all. Our scholars should speak like Song Yang. Yes, I personally admire Song Yang alot for her courage in her speech. She started out speaking rather softly, as though not letting anyone hear what she had to say. But she has.. let's see.. Fully fledged out now, and she's crapping away just as any other person. Too much, in fact. She got me into trouble too many times. Hurh. ___________________________________________________________________ Literature was quite interesting. Mr M was telling us about The Whale Rider. I think I have come to appreciate, though not fully, the story and the tale and the under-lying meaning behind The Whale Rider. Its not just a story about a girl trying to curry favour with her bratty old grandfather. Its about so many things, Love and respect for Nature, being one of them. And this, Mr M did talk about it, which I will not share. But I felt that it is rather thought-provoking. For me, of course. Some people don't like to think. And since it was on the subject of Live Earth, I thought I might like to shut up, else I'm gonna have a bad impression of Live Earth, the climate crisis concert [alliteration] I'd been waiting for since God knows when. ___________________________________________________________________ Assembly was rather interesting. We had this band from the States play for us, called the Carpenter's Tools Inc. I think. They have a blog too. They can sing, and they can play the instruments very well. I was very impressed with the drummer. Okay, I am impressed with drummers in general. They have perfect hand coordination. Me? I have perfect hand coordination only in a badminton game. I catch the shuttlecock, and throw the racket. ___________________________________________________________________ After that was Mock tests. I shan't elaborate. But the Biology one was in the Arts Conservatory, where we had a melange of 3 classes mixed together. 3S1 was supposed to come, but they didn't, which was rather sad. Mavis would have let me copy her work. But seriously, it didn't seem like a Mock Test, it seemed like the rather hardworking population of the 3 classes [I was in] gathering together to do a worksheet. Mock Tests. Oh well. ___________________________________________________________________ I'm tired, but I shall do tag replies. I can't wait for Thursday to come, I can never wait for Thursday to come. How I wish that there were ELDDS sessions everyday and I could go talk and play and mess around with the people I dearly love every single day. Fun. ___________________________________________________________________ Tag replies: Clarence: Whatthe, what sickness! I deny every right of it! You're like my juniors and my CCA teacher. Hmprf. I repeat: I am not sick. HMPRF. That girl went to read Jeffery Archer and came to me smiling with a new vocabulary word called "philander". And knowing that almost everyone didn't really understand the meaning of the word, she decided to call everyone a "philandering girl". And you scold ME?! And how can you say that of Sherica? Hahah, you know when she did that, that guy in white behind you, the older one, was staring and staring at her. And then he looked up at her every time she breathed again. And yeah, I shall blog about that crap piece of news one day. ___________________________________________________________________ Elizabeth: Excuses, excuses. Hahah, but you're nice, honey! What was the slight pause there before the word interesting? I hope there's no underlying meaning in it, huh! Hahah.. Yes, her rather disturbing piece of cloth which can be a mental image for anything you want. Hey, Hedgie does talk, if only you people would listen to him. He's really chatty, and he's smart, and he knows how to solve Partial Fractions, but he only shows his ability to ME alone because smart people eventually have to know each other better, and hence he knows me! ___________________________________________________________________ I decided to upload the lyrics of a song which was sung by the band CTI during Assembly today. Its called Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield, and some would know it to be the Pantene advertisement song. ___________________________________________________________________ I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned Staring at the blank page before you Open up the dirty window Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your inhibitions Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten Oh, oh, oh I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way Staring at the blank page before you Open up the dirty window Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your inhibitions Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten Staring at the blank page before you Open up the dirty window Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your inhibitions Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten The rest is still unwritten The rest is still unwritten Oh, yeah, yeah |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |