Friday, 13 July 2007 Y 15:12

Today is Friday the 13th.

I remember a few years back, I was in my primary school, taking the bus home without my family or anyone, just me and a few friends. And it also happened to be Friday the 13th. And I was feeling scared when I stepped into the bus, because I thought that I would miss my stop, and I'd have to walk a long long long distance before reaching my stop.

I didn't miss my stop,
but the bus broke down.

And it was actually spewing clumps of smoke from its engines, so I was quite fascinated, but also freaked.

Duh - it was my first time taking the bus alone then.
___________________________________________________________________

Today, we had to run 2.4km. Have I mentioned that I hate running? But I passed anyway. I don't care, I hate running. We had to run 2 1/2 rounds around the stupid never-ending canal. And I finished 2 rounds, when I heard the people timing say,"11.03 minutes", so I decided to walk the next 1/2 round.

It wasn't wise.
___________________________________________________________________

Aish and I realised that it was 810 when we left the area, which meant that we had not gone for A-math for 25 minutes. So, realising how dead we were, physically and by Mr Choy's scolding, we still decided to walk briskly to his class.

They were learning Modulus Functions. And they had already gotten back their test results. So I was thinking how mangled I would be, and Shihan snatched my paper and said that she wouldn't give me my paper until I guessed what the grade was.

Me: 19.
Shihan: No.
Me: 18.
Shihan: No.
Me: 17.
Shihan: No.
Me: 16.
Shihan: No.
Me: 15.
Shihan: No.
Me: 14.
Shihan: No.
Me: What the crap - I failed?!
Shihan: No.
Me: 20.
Shihan: No.
Me: 13.
Shihan: No.
Me: 21.
Shihan: Uhm, a little bit more.
Me: 22
Shihan: Yay!

Hurh, 22. And Qianqian scored 25, full marks. And Quekie scored 24. 22 is considered good, Shihan?!

But yeah, I did pay slight attention to Mr Choy. Maybe a bit slighter than slight. But still.

I can't believe we didn't get homework for the weekends. Wow. Maybe Mr Choy's just too damn exasperated with our class to even give us any homework.
___________________________________________________________________

Come to think of it, don't you find it funny? When teachers give us homework, we complain like crap. And now Mr Choy doesn't give us any homework, unlike the times he used to issue homework by the load every time we had a lesson, and I'm here lamenting about how he's given up on us.

Students are like that. I guess.
___________________________________________________________________

Physics was next, and I took the class tag to change. Mrs Low was announcing the numerous distinctions and yadayada was the top 4% of the whole cohort and stuff. I'm impressed. And I don't ever think that I will go for something like that, because I'll most probably end up in the bottom 0.0000001% of the whole cohort or something.

She taught us pressure again, it was something like a recap, and I think I've gotten the idea of pressure in this brain of mine here. So yeah. But my presentation is horrible and my concept is a little warped.

I shall study in more detail someday.
___________________________________________________________________

Cherlyn and I decided to call the canteen Hogsmeade, and the Whomping Willow, the palm tree standing in the Eco-garden, and the pond in the Eco-garden the Lake in which the Giant Squid lives in. Perfect-o. Oh, and we decided to call Milo Butterbeer, because Milo is universally loved in Crescent Girls' School. I mean, we love it so much our recycling bins are chucked full of them, right?



Cherlyn / Pong / Fred said she had found the Rolls-Royce girl! I was so surprised. I saw her family's black Phantom yesterday, driving down the slope, and I was just so darned surprised. Pleasantly surprised.

That car costs a friggin 1.5 million bucks, you know! 1.5 million!



Think about it. There are around 15 Rolls-Royces in Singapore. 1 of them happens to belong to a girl in Crescent Girls' School.

I am deeply honoured to belong in the same school along with rich people like Shihan, Cherlyn, and Ms Rolls-Royce.
___________________________________________________________________

After that entertaining thought of Cherlyn kidnapping Ms Rolls-Royce during recess, it was time for CME. I paid attention. Grudgingly, but still. And I was called upon to read some passage, because Ms Low wanted me to take over Shihan. And there was a phrase,"fountain of faith", which I misread to be "foundation of faith". So I read "foundation", and everyone started laughing. Jeez.

And I also realised that Ms Low has underestimated our class. I mean, you seriously don't see Rolls-Royces driving about casually in Singapore. I don't. In fact, I've just seen about 3-4 Rolls-Royces in Singapore. And I remember once that it was parked next to my car in a traffic jam, and I found myself staring in fascination at the face of a rich British lady. And she smiled, so I smiled back. And the car went off.

Sad story. Should've unwound my window and shook hands with her. ___________________________________________________________________

English was after CME, and we had the debate. It actually kinda bored me, although the speakers were funny. That's because we were tackling a boring topic. But the speakers were funny, they were too amusing, so I kept on laughing and laughing, cutting down seconds on their speaking time.

Not my fault. It wasn't a debate anyway.
___________________________________________________________________

Math was horrible, because we got back our test grade.

I shan't disclose mine, because I would never ever ever like to remember it.
___________________________________________________________________

I'm tired. Shall do some graphing now!