|
Sunday, 29 July 2007 Y 13:11 I've been trying to fill in my Vocabulary and Phrase book with phrases. And I'm totally sick and tired of writing,"The white puffy clouds cotton balled out on the azure blue sky,". I want to write about the clouds, I want to describe the clouds as being this white and hard substance, the sky - not being so heavenly and beautiful as many describe it, but as being a big barrier to cross before reaching the heavens. Who ever said the sky was good? Man. Who ever said clouds had to be described as white puffy clumps of cotton balls? Man. Who said that thunder falls and grey dark skies had to be a really bad thing? Man. So yeah, there you go. Anything which is white, has got to be soft. Cotton balls, clouds, tofu..? You name a soft thing, its bound to be white and pure. Anything which is black has got to be hard. Rocks, for example? They're hard and black. Why should the sun shine "resplendently" while the moon merely "smiles sadly down"? Why is it supposed to be scary at night when nobody can see anything unless there is a presence of light? Why is the day considered the safest period of the day? Light. ___________________________________________________________________ I'm glad rude words and vulgarities came out in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I was always under the impression that in British schools, the kids never swear, and that is the exact impression that Enid Blyton has always been trying to incorporate in anyone who bothers to read her: That dolls and toys can take revenge if you don't treat them right; Fairies and rabbits co-exist together; Snakes and mice are best friends; Little girls are forever playing in her doll houses; Little boys never get themselves dirty; Adults always seem to be the most compassionate souls in the universe; Teenagers cooperate together peacefully; Nobody ever complains of this world that they live in; Kids always mind their manners [or in Enid Blyton's words: They're "P"s and "Q"s] - because its The All-Too-Perfect Enid Blyton World. Oh very funny. Have you ever noticed that Enid Blyton doesn't interest kids from Primary 3 onwards? On the other hand, have you noticed that J. K. Rowling has interested kids and adults from the age of zero to one hundred and ten? Well, its a total insult to compare J. K. Rowling to Enid Blyton, so I shan't continue. But really - Thank you Rowling.
I guess I'm rather affected now, so I shall go off and read the book for the second time. |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |