Saturday, 28 July 2007 Y 13:46

Today was a happy day.

We were released at 1215, because they has Speech Day rehearsals. I am quite happy to not be in Speech Day, because I'm sure I'll ruin it, and everyone would be pissed. Or so I guess. It sounds so solemn, it gets a little too scary. Everyone rehearsing how to walk on stage [actually I don't think they do that] and the dancers are all doing their SYF dance and everything. Yes, its a little too solemn and serious for me.

I've been listening to a song that Kailin sent me - which is the 梁山伯与茱丽叶 song. According to Shihan, its a yesteryear song. I do agree. Yes, I like the lyrics alot.

幸福的每一天
浪漫的每一夜
美丽的爱情祝福着未来

And I understand the lyrics, okay! Do not undermine my intelligence!

This morning, I woke up, and I was thinking of paper tigers. I wonder why. Often, the things that I think of first up in the morning, become increasingly significant later on during my day. I haven't found out what is so important about paper tigers yet.

Some form of a phenomenon of some sort, I guess.

Okay, so let me recall what happened today.

Mass Run today with Padmini, Aish, Anika [I hope I spelt it correctly], Nikki and some other people I don't really remember. I wasn't too successful in my walking expedition - Mrs Low was behind and said,"Girls, this is Mass Run right? Why are you still walking?" But I didn't run that far. Really, I think that the its-mass-run-so-don't-walk reason is getting a bit overused. I'm trying to think of a smart retort [actually I haven't given it much talk] to spit back so that this line wouldn't be used again.

Then at the canal, I distinctly heard Mr Keong's voice floating over and saying in a rather stern tone which didn't sound too much like him, saying, "I don't wanna see anyone walking here, okay," And I guess he was referring to the group of us, so I decided to run instead of being called a second time.

Really. Things people do.

I can't remember what happened after that. Well, we had 2 periods of A-math, which Mr Choy didn't call on me to answer any questions whatsoever. Maybe because I had my head down, busily doing work. His work. I put my head down and shut myself up yesterday, and he didn't call on me either. Fantastic, I shall do that. But really, I'd get a pain in the neck and I'll have a sore-throat, won't I?

Physics was alright. I guess. I mean, we did some experiment on light and stuff, and we've homework on top of the upcoming Geography test, but other than that, it was cool. My set-up was a little tilted, but other than that small little glitch, Mrs Low didn't correct me on anything. Maybe I am improving during practicals, huh.

Went straight down for recess later. And Vanessa drank Strawberry Milkshake, which smelt nice, and according to Cherlyn - was nice. So Hyeon and I bought it. It was okay, although there was a rather distinctly faint taste of condensed milk, and I was quite disgusted. But other than that, Michelle awards it a drinkable substance certificate.



And Aish was singing a nursery rhyme, and actually practising her Literature skills on it. See if you understand.

Ding Dong Bell,
Pussy in the well.
Who put it in?
Little Johnny did.
Who pulled it out..?


And, as they say, the rest is history.

After recess, we went to the Physics lab for the second time, because Ms Angeline Ng was there to get us to train before the arrival of the Eminent. All the same. I didn't do much, we just sat and listened and missed 2 periods of CME and about 10 minutes of Social Studies. Amanda Quek, Addy, Aish, Mira and I were rather patrotic to the country then, singing National Day songs that we've learnt from the era before Crescent.

This kinda reminded me of the soccer match between Singapore-Malaysia and Singapore-Australia. Sure, we might have lost and all that, but from that, I didn't take home the fact that Lionel Louis didn't dive at all during the match, but that the whole atmosphere there was so unique, was so fully Singaporean. Not just Singaporean in general, but Singaporean in specifics to the language spoken, the feelings born, and everything else. And it kinda reminded me just how Singaporean I really am.

And what with tests and everything coming up next week and Common Tests also coming up in about 3 weeks time, and BlackBox coming out at probably 4 weeks, or 3 weeks and a few days later, I really wonder whether I can be as fully Singaporean as I would like to. But I guess being Singaporean doesn't mean thinking about Singapore all the time or waving the flag around, worshipping it, and all that. What being Singaporean really means is that we feel a sense of belonging back here in Singapore, we believe in, and we assist in, or we work to improvise the future plans of Singapore.

I shall end my post here and now.

Bye honeys!



Oh, Mohita said that she'll probably go to SSC. And Azalea overheard it and said,"SSC? I go there sometimes," And I guess we irritated the hell out of the other people in the GO. That's the noisy ELDDS for you.

And I just thought of Thursday's ELDDS - that some group has gone outside the staffroom, where all the benches were, to practise their skit. And some people were having a consultation session outside with Mrs Yip, and I guess they made alot of noise whooping and screaming and acting. Mrs Yip looked annoyed. Well, that's ELDDS noise.