Tuesday, 21 August 2007 Y 19:46

Okay, I shall blog about what happened to me before I totally forget the whole procedure of what happened and everything.

Monday 13/08/07:

Chemistry was okay. Because all the questions that Mrs Leow put up to test us, I was able to understand, sometimes even faster than Song Yang, which is really surprising, because Song Yang is the only person I know who can finish the whole homework chapter on graphs within the 2 math periods. GRAPHS, you know, graphs. I spend like millions of hours on them, and she doe sit in 2 periods. I should pay her to help me do my work next time. But yeah. Mrs Leow did say that there would be very difficult Redox questions, and to do Section B before Section A, because Section B was easier to grab marks from. So yeah, I guess I took that in my head.

I was kinda pissed during Biology, because our Biology Common Test was coming next week, and Ms Ng was still going through practicals instead of the more important tested topics, and besides, we weren't even finished with one of the chapters and there was only 2 periods of Biology on Monday, which was the last ever Biology lesson we had before the Common Test. Hence, I wasn't very enthusiastic during the lab lesson. Besides, we didn't even do a practical, we learnt the theory behind the practical, the set-up. So yeah, I got a little irritated with that, I guess.

After that was recess, which I can't really remember what happened. But I remember that after recess, Hyeon and I rushed up to class, and the Ministorial visit people were all rushing to escape from class into the Faraday Lab. And Ms Alice Chia was saying,"I was sent an email telling me that you all will be back by 1245." when we were wondering if we had to stay there the whole day, and bring our bags along. But yeah, everyone brought their bags along, so we kinda, ran away from classes. Which was a little worrying for me, because we were missing out on alot of lessons - English, Physics, E-Math, Geography and A-Math - and I didn't really want to miss any lessons, again because of Common Tests.

Faraday Lab was fine. In the end, we stayed there the whole day. And we thought that the Minister would come at 3, and leave at 4, and everyone would be happy and fine with everything and go home to study, but the Minister came at 4, and left at 5, and everyone was quite unhappy, but we were excited, no doubt. But it was a killer, because we wasted time from 100 - 400 waiting for the arrival of the Minister, and it wasn't as though we were doing much, because Lynette had her tablet playing songs, and everyone was singing. Although Jia Li and Sabrina were studying Biology, and Cherlyn, Vanessa, Guin and Shi Han were doing their newspaper articles, which I proudly said that I finished all 20 of them. I think they ignored me, and Cherlyn was so desperate to find some solid content to write on, she had to ask me. Poor girl. Juanita was doing something I forgot, and Quekie was sourcing out the Llama song, which I shall put up:



But instead, the school network blocked the website, so Quekie showed me another Badger song instead:



So we waited, sat, chatted, and sang songs. I distinctly remember going back up to class 3 times during Ms Lin's lesson, but she wasn't pissed to see us. In fact, she was like,"Oh, you're getting something? Okay, come in," Hahah, Ms Lin is nice. Although I wish the scheme of work for English could be greatly reduced, but it seems almost impossible. Still. I was walking in and out and in and out and in and out of the Faraday Lab like some master commander of the world. And Mira and I walked out twice, and we saw Mr Keong on both accounts. To which Mira had said,"Wow. To us, he's stalking us and to him, we're stalking him," which I laughed alot, for no particular reason. But yeah.

We played the game Black Knight, which Shi Han and Vanessa stupidly screamed,"SADIST!" but started laughing when those people got whacked over with the club. WTH.

Song Yang was being stupid in the Faraday Lab. Instead of trying to memorise the Chinese Literature book like her fellow scholars, she was trying to convince me to allow her to say that the globe toy on the table was "made by recycled materials", just to show the Minister that we were really into this environment thing. Not that we weren't, but Crescent wasn't that extreme to do this environment thing.

The Minister came in at around 430, or something, and for once in my life, I was a little scared for the appearance of the Minister. Well, he seemed friendly. He came in, and he was waving his hand and smiling and everything and the instant he did that, I just thought of the word "COOL". I guess the impression of most people - Shi Han - of Ministers is that they are old, fat and balding people, which is not true. Or so I think.

The lesson went well. As in, there weren't any flaws. But Cherlyn was softer than usual, maybe because the WHOLE ROOM was filled with delegates and teachers. In short - people of a much much much more higher social status than a 3C3 student. Mr Lee Boon Keng and 2 other delegates sat with us. Mr Leonard Koh warned our group before, that the guy who was sitting with us, was an exceedingly intelligent guy, and he's the no. 2 big shot after the Minister himself. So I guess we were rather nervous and wary about him. I mean, seriously. Crescent's my school. No matter how much I hate Crescent for giving me billions of tests and work, I belong there, basically. Not to the school, the building, the structure itself, but of the school spirit and everything in. So I quite obviously intend to protect my school's reputation, yes?

Remember I said that there were 2 delegates? One was that guy, and another was a lady, whom I found rather friendly and benign. She looked nice, and whatever we said, she nodded her head and smiled encouragingly, so I guessed we were motivated enough to speak more. But that guy was trying to find holes in our discussion, and it was kinda like some mental battle. I think the result was a draw.

But the delegates were extremely interested in Song Yang, and they kept asking her which part of China she came from, when she came to Singapore, when she started learning English, everything. But I guess that if I were a delegate, I would be mildly interested in Song Yang as well. I mean, seriously. She's just been in Singapore for 10 months, and her English is one of the most strongest in the class's scholars. I think its because she speaks with conviction and confidence, which is why I feel that she is a very strong speaker, with an extremely powerful character.

Lesson ended, and we played with the board again, and I remembered Aish's words: Stupid SmartBoard, and I was laughing again. Quekie's mummy sent me home, and yeah, I studied Social Studies.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I got back my Physics and A-Math test? Guess what? For the second time this year, I passed Physics. And for the first time of my life, I failed A-Math. >:(
___________________________________________________________________

Tuesday: 14/08/07

Gwen Stefani's concert. Look at her picture. Doesn't she look hot?



But could I go? NO. Why not? Because I had Physics SPA on Wednesday. And during Social Studies, Mr Poon gave us some example regarding LOTR again, and this time, I got eaten by cannibals?! And Choo Choo absconded with embezzled government funds?! Tuesday was uneventful. Except for the fact that I got back my Geog test, and to my surprise, I scored A2 for the test, when Ms Tan said that alot of people failed. Oh well.
___________________________________________________________________

Wednesday: 15/08/07

Physics SPA. 3S3 was having their Share-A-Thought, which I thought was quite nicely wrapped up, but I still believe that 3C3 would win. I mean, we are better, really.

Physics SPA was actually quite worrying, because many people claimed that it was easy. And I was worried. My gradient is screwed. I have convinced myself that I am not counting my Physics in my L1R5 for 'O' Levels.

I actually can't really remember anything that happened then. But I am sure there was lesson going on, and lesson after lesson full of power-packed knowledge.
___________________________________________________________________

Thursday 16/08/07:

English, Chinese and Social Studies Common Test. Lets take a look at my Pass-O-Meter.



And that was for English. I really didn't like English. Why test us on comprehension when the next time you go out and get a job, you have to write a resume, not infer from your resume? Stupid.



Chinese Pass-O-Meter. Chinese was stupid, I think I suck in my languages, even though I talk alot. Sighs.



Why can't I pass Social Studies? Because I didn't finish it, along with the other 41 members of the class. And I complained to Mr Poon and guess what he said? "Great, then you're class's papers will be easy to mark,". Thanks Mr Poon, you really helped.
___________________________________________________________________

Friday 17/08/07:

It was a rather special day, because it meant that I only had 4 weeks more to Guin and my birthday. Yay. But still. Literature and Chemistry.



Chemistry. Uhhuh. I got so confused at the last question, because I wrote ionic bond for tin(IV)chloride, and I drew covalent?!



Literature. Did I finish it? Nope. Why? Because initially, the teacher who came in to give us the papers gave us 1 hour's time to do the paper. But in actual fact, the time given was only 45 minutes?! 15 minutes. I could have finished writing 2 paragraphs.
___________________________________________________________________

Saturday 18/08/07:

Akon's concert. Damnit, why could Gwen and Akon come after the exams?! But I decided to take a break and go for training, where I finally saw Yanlin. And the last time I saw her, it was one month ago..? Surprising.

Yanlin was bowling for inter-club, but I couldn't go and support, because I had exams. Sorry darling! Don't worry, I'm definitely going this week - I think - because its the finals.
___________________________________________________________________

Sunday 19/08/07:

Clarence reminded me of my birthday, and it was like some secret code, so nobody got it until he said it out. Stupid. Don't bother giving me a present okay? I don't need a present. I think a very sincere wish would be fine. Oh yeah, this applies to everyone. Whatever money you're going to spend, save it. I'm serious. Note: My Sec 1 - 2 clique, because I know you people are going to go out together or something? Don't.

Clarence and I have the 5-buck-bet. Shall I tell everyone here? :) And Clarence kept on harping about how gay Oliver and Chee Kai were. Jeez, Clarence, you're dumb. Couldn't you tell that Oliver was pissed?
___________________________________________________________________

Monday 20/08/07:

A-Math was murder. Look at my Pass-O-Meter.



Yupp. I asked Mr Choy right after the paper when remedial will commence. I am surely gonna be sent for remedial.

Uhm, Geog. Well, I guess it was more or less okay? I told Vanessa that it wasn't worth her studying so much and getting so frantic. I wonder if she believed me.



During Biology, there were noisy people downstairs talking loudly, and I got irritated. But Biology was.. Well, you judge. During Study time, Aish excited me with the prospect that Holidays are 2 weeks later. But I managed to remember that end of years is 1 month from now on. :(



I studied Physics and Math yesterday, and I was crying so terribly, because I totally couldn't do it. And to add fuel to fire, I was listening to the song Big Girl's Don't Cry. Which made the tears pour more, I guess.

My mummy was trying to comfort me. I don't think it helped, because I was very angry with myself. My BRAIN, really. But still. Thank you mummy! :)
___________________________________________________________________

Today 21/08/07:

Math was.. I thought it was fine, but from the looks of other people, it wasn't. Maybe the question wasn't as simple as I thought it was. Maybe it was tons more difficult.



Physics was universally acceptable. Everyone thought so.


___________________________________________________________________

And Common tests are over!

Hyeon and I got into a spot of trouble. I shan't say anything about it.

I brought Russell to school today. RUSSELL. Mira didn't bring Tigger T-rex the terrorist tabby to school today, but Quekie brought her mutated crocodile-dinosaur toy who tried to bite Russell's head off. Russell is such a pretty dog. I shall take a photo of him one day.

9 days worth of a blog post. I wonder how many words it has.