Wednesday, 22 August 2007 Y 20:22

I should really start to study.

Final Year Exams are in 4 weeks. Which means that I probably have an average of 2.8 days for each subject. Oh, but let's just say that I have 3 days per subject to make it sound like I really have a long time.

And knowing me, I obviously cannot study for 24 hours straight, because I will digress and want to sleep and stuff. I guess with BlackBox coming up and everything, I'll be much more busier than usual, and hence I can most probably do intense studying of about 6 hours per day. Which means that I aim to spend 18 hours on each subject, which I am extremely sure that I can accomplish during the holidays, because I can sleep at 3, and wake up at 9, and start studying.

However, also knowing me, I will not study for 18 hours straight on a particular holiday, because I am extremely playful and everything. However, I must study at least 10 hours during the holidays. Then, I can complete my everything that I've been learning in the past year.

Remembering holidays lets me think of this: If I intend to spend 18 hours on each subject, I will take 180 hours to study all my subjects, and that would be.. uhm.. Someone calculate for me.. uhm.. around 7 days ++..? 7.5 to be exact. I think. Wait. Urhm, yeah, 7.5. Cool. My mental math is improving.

Isn't it funny? I spend 28 days studying what could be covered in 7 days. Hurh. Which just goes to show that if I properly manage my time well, I could only be using 25% of my time before the exams studying hard, and trying my best to ace my subjects. And that, I shall do.

Okay, before I go off and do Chinese, I shall blog a little about today. Physics was first, and I seriously didn't feel like studying at all. So I kinda took my time to set up my tablet. But I kinda regretted stalling time, because Mrs Low started the lesson the instant she came in, and my tablet wasn't ready yet. Mrs Low taught us ray diagrams. Like, light lenses ray diagrams. I think I understand, but not much, because I took really long to set-up.

After that was Lit. Mr M was talking about Whale Rider, but he decided to digress and move on to talk about saddening things like seperation during Graduation and everything. And I kinda wanted to cry for some stupid particular reason. Maybe because he was also talking about how from Sec 2, we were segregated into different classes and everything; And it was this seperation that was so realistic to our very own lives, the lives we were leading now; His explanation and interpretation and everything really reflecting the truth that lay behind the facade of true friendship.

So yeah. Mira said she almost cried too, and upon hearing that while walking around the Rotunda, I think I teared or something. Aish was saying,"Why're you tearing?". Hurh. Aish.

Recess was depressing. I can't believe that I miss my Sec 2 clique so much. I didn't actually think that I properly, officially belonged there, not because they didn't accept me, but I kinda felt in a way that I was too readily accepted? Hahah, I dunno.

After that was Biology, which I proudly claim that Choo Choo and Nad and I were too fast in copying the textbook answers, which we dearly paid for when Ms Ng told us to complete her diagram without reference to our sheet. Hurh, so yeah. But she taught us the different parts and everything. And Choo Choo and Nad and I were supposed to compete with one another on Sudoku. But they started first, the idiot. And Nad won, even though Choo Choo cheated! Hahah.

English was next, and we had to go to the Language Lab. I kinda knew that Mr Ravi was going to come to the class, and guess what? He did. And Ms Chia was kinda like, hinting that he was gonna teach us next year. I'm not so sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Because I heard that he is a good teacher. But he is a strict teacher. And that makes a big difference to the grades of a student.

Chinese. We had 7 people coming up to give us a speech, and I admit that it was kinda dry, nobody was paying attention and everything. Why? Because they were all 3C1 people, and I didn't know half of them, even though I really tried my best to listen up and respect them. But, yeah, I like to talk, and Juanita was sitting behind me, which is a fantastic position to talk to Juanita, so I did. And we discussed about alot of things. Hahah. Like, our class, like our chinese paper, like our fellow classmates. Hahah, I think Wendy was definitely in.

And after the speeches and everything, we got back our Chinese paper. I cannot say that I am thrilled about my stupid grade, because I expected a B3 at least. But what did I get? 63. When almost everyone else got B3 and above. Okay, maybe B3 was a bit too much, but I kinda had rather high expectations for my languages, since I'm supposed to be a "Language person", according to billions of people I've heard.

I remember that Ling Hui told me once that I'm bilingual, which got me thinking. I am totally not bilingual. Look at how screwed up my languages are - and you'll know a full picture. But I guess it was rather surprising to find that she wasn't the only one who noticed, hurh. But seriously, "bilingual" is not an apt word to term yours truly. You should seriously listen to what my class's scholars have to say about my chinese.

Or more specifically, one particular scholar, Song Yang, who tells me I can get a job in China teaching English, but I'll never survive there because everyone speaks mandarin. Thanks Song Yang, that really helped in encouraging me to learn chinese.

And I found out that there are billions of people who get very surprised when I tell them that english is not my first language. I'm serious, Chinese is my first language. I practically opened my mouth for the first time and said "台湾" or something. No wait, I think "Papa" was my first word.

But anyway, I decided to ask Shihan about my proficiency in both languages, and she thinks that I partly stink in both. And that I'm partly fluent too. Yes, thank god someone finally appreciates my chinese. Quite obviously, Shihan has alot to pick on my chinese, so I shan't say the rest.

Uhm, no furthur digressing, I hope. I think I'm the worst Chinese in the class. Mdm Lim sure is gonna drag me off for remedial.

After Chinese, I confronted Priscilla the idiot and practically forced her to go for ELDDS tomorrow. I hate doing this, people. ELDDS is your CCA. If you don't even want to bother or care about your attendance, why choose ELDDS in the first place? So, my juniors and peers who don't bother coming for ELDDS sessions, I am quite sure the committee is doing something already. I won't say what, but the next time you don't go for ELDDS, make sure you have a foolproof excuse. Bullet-proof would be better though.

After Chinese between the transition period, Cherlyn, Addy, Quekie, Juanita and I [I can't remember if Sabrina was there] played spinning coins. And we sat on the floor and I took out my Japanese coin which I bought for 15 cents and we spun the coin. Just like the good old kampung days. And the bell rang, and we decided to return to the present.

Chem was next.
OH GOD, CHEM.

Mrs Leow came in with the usual look on her face. She went through the papers. Then staring at the whole class, she blurted out that 3 people failed. And she was like,"Wait, wait. I see those 3 are here or not.." And she stared around and said,"Yes, I see one.. Ah, where is she..? Yeah, I see another one.. Wait, who's the third one? I forgot. Those two sitting at the back, huh! Don't listen to me.." And she was so totally staring at me when she said that she saw one person.

What did I get? Freaked of course. Especially since I knew that I got the first 3 questions correct. So I got really really worried. And I think Mrs Leow noticed, because she looked at me and said,"Michelle ah..? Michelle Teo right? Yeah, I think you did quite well.." WHAT?! First she stared at me like I failed Chem, and then she tells me that I didn't do too badly?!!

Then she said,"Yeah, those parents who saw me right, like Michelle's father, didn't do badly la.. I told your father I'll look after you.. Oh yeah, anyone who wants me to look after them right, ask your parents to see me, and I'll look after you.." Hahah. I think I laughed alot at that.

And guess what? Song Yang the idiot was freaking out behind me. And I kinda, told her that she's good in Chemistry, and that I felt that her English was improving alot. In fact, I think of all the scholars in class who don't work that hard, she's just about the smartest scholar. In fact, if she did work very extremely hard for her subjects, she could most probably beat Qian Qian. Or maybe be on par with Qian Qian. I guess Qian Qian works way too hard, and Song Yang takes life easy, and studies only when it is applicable. So I guess I kinda complimented her too much, in order to calm her down.

Why I say that I complimented her too much? Because in the end, she scored a freaking 83% for her Chemistry.

83%.

What she was worried about, I don't know. I was like,"Song Yang, why were you worried for? Don't tell me that you got some MCQ questions wrong, I might punch your face," Stupid girl, really. Hahah.



My Chemistry Lab buddy. Second after Qian Qian. 3 marks after Qian Qian. Which is why I say that if she really studies hard enough, she could easily top the class. I hope she realises it too. Not that I want Qian Qian to be beat, but I have utmost confidence in Song Yang.



Oh yeah, did I mention that Aish and Addy scored A1 and A2 respectively?
CONGRATS AISH! CONGRATS ADDY!

After lessons, I went down with Quekie to the foyer, until I remembered that I told my dad to come at 5, because I had ELDDS meeting. Thank god I saw Rachael at the foyer, else I wouldn't have remembered. So I went to the canteen, and saw Vanessa who was upset.



Vanessa darling, you are smart. So don't worry about not scoring for this Common Tests. I trust that if you continue your dilligence in studying for Final Years the same way that you studied for Geog, you will score. I think sometimes the fact is that you have your contextual knowledge, but its the main concepts and everything. Like Song Yang was testing me on Chem stuff, and I was so drowsy I told her anything I remembered, and she was like,"I know you studied, you definitely studied, but it wasn't right." I don't know what she meant by the "right" type of studying. Maybe the "right" type of studying is applying what you know correctly.


Dear Vanessa, I am very sure that if you study longer, you'll be able to score.

Ate lunch with Zhong Jie and Jia Ling. And we saw Ms Lin in the canteen, and I decided to ask her what happened to our E-Math. Turns out that she didn't mark it yet. Hurh.


Anyway, something freaky happened to me, and I stil can't get it out of my head. While I was walking up the slope to 2G2 to find the ELDDS people, I heard hard and heavy footsteps behind me. So I glanced back to see who it was. But I couldn't see anyone. So I walked to 2G2, and I wanted to get Aditi or someone to help me see who was walking behind. In the end, I walked to 2G2, but Mdm Zhang Jing was in the class, and Aditi and people weren't there. So I got kinda freaked, and I turned around to go to the Study Pavillion. And guess what? I found myself face to face with Mr Choy.


Mr Choy, you seriously freaked me out. Please don't do that again.