|
Friday, 10 August 2007 Y 12:17 Okay, okay. Here goes: HAPPY NATIONAL DAY SINGAPORE! YOU'RE 42! Brief recap on what happened to me yesterday during National Day, and I’ll try to make it long and nice and interesting, because today wasn’t interesting. Well, I woke up at.. 1030..? And I didn't eat breakfast but drank 2 cups of coffee. Yay, I like coffee. ![]() And after that, I watched March of the Penguins with my mum. ![]() See how cute those little penguins are? Yes. I wanna be a baby penguin in my next life. And die. And become a starfish in my next-next life. And die. And become a witch in my next-next-next life. And die. I guess "A girl" was what I wanted in my previous life. Maybe I used to think that being a girl was.. Fun and exotic? Or maybe I wanted to live my previous life, also being a girl - hahah. Haven't you always wondered what would become of you when you die; Or did you have a last life; Or maybe during your last life, you'd planned the future of what would happen to you; Or maybe you'll be stuck as what you are now, bird, plant, fish, human forever and ever and ever and ever.. Scary thought. I wouldn't want to remain this way in my next life, I wouldn't want another Hitler in the years to come. Oh, but anyway. I went to eat at vegetarian food, because my dad wants to call himself a "vegan". Hurh. In the end, despite telling Michelle Quek that I would be at SSC early for candyfloss, I arrived at about 1 hour after she did, so - no candyfloss. >:( Reached the bowling alley with Faith, because she was walking behind me with her daddy, and we decided to look for Michelle Quek. Terence Tan was at the counter, to which Catherine told me he was yesterday's "part-time staff". Right. In the end, Faith and I had the simultaneous telepathic energy to walk to the arcade and WOAH - We found Auntie Quek there! How surprising. Why? Because for once - she was standing around watching others play, and not playing her favourite 11-Up game. Hurh. My bowling was shit, so I shan't elaborate. Screwed up my game - as usual - and screwed up a game which I probably could have - but obviously was not fated - to hit 300, the perfect score. Daniel, Terence Tan and his other friend tried endless ways to help me remember how to bowl again, which I officially thank them a hell lot. Thanks dears! Although I am sure I disappointed everyone in the end, but really. It all boils down to fate. Fate is a terrible thing. We should take control of our silly little lives instead of letting something so general called "Fate" to take charge of our lives for us. Oh, did I mention that I was bowling alongside Auntie Quek? Well, I got lane 4B, so I was fretting if someone I don't really know would be paired up with me, but no. Michelle Quek pulled out 4A, bless her little beating heart. Uhm, so yeah. After the 12 games - which would have broken my wrist if I'd been bowling properly :), we went around searching for food - Jerene, Michelle Quek, Faith, Jin Wei and I. But before that we got delayed in the food quest, because we were watching Ryan Tan play soccer. Okay, I was. Ryan Tan was extremely rough with the bloody machine, come to think of it. But I guess that would be how my cousin and I would have man-handled it. :) Oh yeah, did I mention that there was also some other idiot there who obviously has a grudge with The Aunties? Stupid Bryan Lee. I shall find every way possible to insult the crap out of him. I’ve never seen a ruder Sec 1. Wait, I have. But really. What’s his school? Pingy School, or something like that. Jeez. Well, in the end, we escaped from the tough clutches of The Palms, [Hey – what a good pun] lingered a little over the other Food Area, [I forgot what its called] got over to the big screen where they were showing the Parade, decided that it wasn't worthwhile to watch NDP, and went over to buy food. Michelle Quek is the most shittiest eater I've ever seen. If there's a word to describe her, its anything but epicurean. So. Yesterday, Faith, Michelle Quek, Jerene and Jin Wei decided to steal my stinking pouch and I also decided to flare up. I wonder why. I guess I’ve been emo since, so I was a bit upset..? Anyway, sorry honeys, in case I freaked you out or something. But really, it wasn’t funny, I thought I had lost my phone, my iPod, my card, my house-key even! Damnit. Idiots, next time, just tell me “Its with me,” so that I’ll know its not really stolen or something. I won’t care if you tell me that my belongings are with you, because I know its in the hands of someone I trust, truly. But I guess I’ll get irritated when you say you don’t have it..? I dunno. No, seriously. Next time, take my stuff, I don’t give a damn, but tell me, at least. I don’t need you to ask me before taking my stuff, but so as long as when I start to freak out, just remind me gently that its with you, because I probably won’t remember stuff like that – Clockwise moments generated = Anti-clockwise moments generated; Point-Elaboration-Evidence; Topic Sentence-Explanation-Analysis-Quote; Endothermic and exothermic reactions; Sine and Cosine rule; Binomial Theorem; River channelisation; Cabium cells; Chinese proverbs, etc.. Yes, that’s what my “good” brain has got to be used for. Well. While eating, we caught sight of the helicopters carrying the National Flag. I must say, I was rather impressed with the whole procedure, but the helicopters weren’t flying in formation. So that part was rather shitty. But I guess I can’t blame them, I can’t even pilot a car, what about a flying machine? And yeah, I seriously can’t drive, I can’t even work my way through a single track in the car in the arcade, so I guess I’ll probably be re-taking my driving test for millions and millions of times before I actually D-R-I-V-E. And yesterday, we had a spot of trouble with a couple of young girls and a dollar coin. Yeah, that’s all I’m saying, because I was sitting on the other side of the small square table, and I’m obviously not very observant, so I shan’t comment. Walked around to the Family Room, where Michelle Quek and I unofficially became a couple – really, too many scandalous activities happening amongst the bowlers – the most infamous one being Jerene and. Auntie Quek and I screwed up some guy from Chung Cheng High School’s math work – its Sec 2 work, but the questions were what came out in my Sec 1 paper – I guess Crescent goes fast. Feeling rather guilty, I decided to bring out my Binomial Theorem to work out – albeit remembering that my calculator broke down on me the night before – so I decided to conveniently borrow Mr Sec 2 Chung Cheng High School’s calculator, even though I absolutely have no idea who he is. But yeah, the calculator didn’t help, so I don’t feel guilty screwing up his work for him. Speaking of my calculator breaking down on me – I’m serious, its got to be one of the worst things that can ever ever ever ever ever happen to anyone. Incidentally, 3 calculators have died at my hands – literally. Surprisingly, it only broke once last year, but twice this year. I guess it never broke down during Sec 1, because my math was crappy and I refused to do any math during Sec 1, [Read: Bad grades] and I most probably decided to put more effort into math during Sec 2 because I improved, [Read: Good grades] and now in Sec 3, I’m trying to salvage my math grade from dipping down to the lowest degree, [Read: Save grades] so yeah. Good grades in Sec 2. Hurh, yeah, I must say so. I don’t even know how I did it, I just did. I never did any homework at all during the December Holidays – and we had a test on it – in which I scored the highest in class? Even higher than the class mathematician [Eunice Chan Yuet Ning]? WTF. Miracles. They sometimes do happen, I guess. But anyway, we fled from the Family Room to run all the way to the 5th floor of the stupid carpark, waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the stupid fireworks. I remembering swearing at the stupid fireworks in my blog – about how environmentally unfriendly they were – but like every single Singaporean, I went to look at the fireworks. And like every single Singaporean who has a chance to see the stupid fireworks live instead of from the stupid TV screen, I filmed it down. On my phone, naturally. Just like every single Singaporean. Why I mentioned I’m just “like every single Singaporean”? I have no idea. Maybe it’s the nationality that stays with us; it is the Singaporean Identity that remains in our blood; it is the Singaporean pride inculcated in us since we started schooling – that identity, that pride, that nationality – I guess it’s a pretty strong thing. No matter how much you hate Singapore, I guess deep deep deep deep deep down inside, we’re all the same. We’re all just “like every single Singaporean”. Flaming balls of lights. Not like it’s the first time I ever saw those stuff. Not like it’s a new invention. I guess its because people around you are appreciating the beauty of fire, so I stood back and tried to ignore the traces of smoke around the fireworks too. After that, we walked about aimlessly – the 5 of us – and Michelle Quek wanted to go to the playground, which is what we did. In the end, we didn’t play anything. Jerene was humping one of the stupid rocking stuff; Michelle Quek called Jin Wei a girl; Faith was laughing yet emo; Jin Wei was sitting on the floor, regretting that he shouldn’t have his hair; and I was standing, looking bored. So I went back, and decided to switch on the TV to watch the idiots on Live the Dream. Quite obviously, it was painful watching it, so I didn’t watch it. But I watched the show after the news, which is so much more fascinating. Troy. ![]() Troy is one of the world's most fantastic shows. Greek mythology is one of the world's most fascinating stories. I wish I could meet Hellanicus of Lesbos when I die. I stayed up till 1.05am to watch Troy. And it was worth it. I want to know more, I want to know everything about Greek mythology. I shall read up on Greek mythology after Common Tests. ![]() Beauty in the form of a being. Helen of Troy. Initially Helen of Sparta, child of Zeus and some other lady he attracted, wed to Melenaus, and eloped with Paris. Acted by Diane Kruger, a German. But really, she is pretty, is she not? I shall end here. I don't think I'll reply tags, I think I'm far too lazy. :) Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity; and so we ask ourselves: Will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved? |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |