Friday, 31 August 2007 Y 12:07

HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY
School teachers / Tuition teachers / My family / Friends / Whomever else.


Yupp.

Seriously, when they talk of Teachers' Day, they only talk about those people in our school, who teach us, literally, science, math etc. But we don't think about the people around us in our daily lives who, for example, teach us how to make friends; how to communicate; teach us how to properly love; how to curse even - which I am an excellent teacher in; or even the basic skills like how to live.

Man are just insensible idiots when they are born, and we slowly learn to pick up skills as we grow old. Its sad, really, not acknowledging those who have taught us something, no matter how important it was, was a "teacher" in that aspect, and to say "Happy Teachers' Day" would mean that you're thanking everyone who have contributed to what you have become. And instead of just appreciating your darling school teachers, we often neglect those people around us who have taught us other aspects of life, which don't necessarily have to be academic.

Maybe its just me, but Teachers' Day was never meant to be extended for our past "Teachers" before.

But yes, Teachers' Day was fine.


Reached school, and there wasn't many people weren't in class. Probably distributing their presents like Santa. Speaking of Santa reminds me of Shihan. Choo, Shihan and I were chatting on MSN, and we started talking about Santa. And Shihan said that she "hated" Santa. Turns out that she thought we typed "Satan". WTH.

But yes. Went down with Mira, and saw Choo with her white bag. And as Choo says,"Only LOSERS sit in front," she forced me to sit at the back. And in-between talking when we weren't supposed to, Choo suddenly said an extremely stupid thing. And it got us talking, and Priscilla had to motion for us to shut up. And Choo and Mira and I were discussing about the various teachers in Crescent.


Which Choo told Mira and I something scary. I pity Priscilla alot.


And then - Mass Dance.

I can't imagine designing a Mass Dance next year. Or doing a Mass Dance. It seems very retarded. I can't say I don't like dancing, but I didn't really appreciate the moves. Or the reluctant people around. Although Aish, Choo, Mira, Shihan, Wendy and Cherlyn were so enthusiastic about the whole thing. But most of 3C3 were not dancing to it, they were stationary. Although they did turn around whene everyone else did.


Couple of teachers played soccer behind, and initially Choo and I thought that we had first-class seats. But no. In the end, we had to go watch the House Dances. Which were alright. Bronte won. And Keller was kinda fine, but I guess it wasn't enough to capture the attention of the judges. Mr Marcus Poon was one of the judges, and he seemed happy and excited about the entire affair. Although Choo and I totally blew up the entire matter, so it became rather memorable in the end.


I went to look for Aleena after that on official ELDDS business, but that didn't turn out well, so I shan't talk much about it.


8th September.
ELDDS members, we are so officially screwed for that day's performance.

Class interaction was crap.
But I guess that's what 3C3 is. Crap.

Teachers' Day concert.


Memorable, but it wasn't that memorable. It would have been so much more memorable if the MATH Department had been sabotaged up to stage. Then I probably could have seen Mr Keong and Mr Choy getting bullied. And I probably would have coaxed Ms Lin to tie Mr Choy's hair and give him the ultra-smack pink hairband and made him look pretty. But no. The Science Department went instead. And none of the male teachers who got bullied there actually taught me before. So, well.


The female teachers weren't bullied. Girl Power. I guess that's a huge disadvantage of teaching in a girls' school when you're male. But the average male teacher gets more attention in a girls' school than the average female teacher in a girls' school, you know. Good / Bad?
Act like a fool and make me smile, darling.

Videos, performances, everything, was sweet and fine.

Mrs Lee came up to stage to make a speech, which everyone knew what the content was. And it was when everyone stood up to have a standing ovation for Mr Samat that I kinda understood and it just came to me that Crescentians, no matter how much we complain about teachers we hate, it all counts up to nothing. Maybe there probably is nothing much worth to hate about in Crescent.

Mr Samat, farewell. Thanks for not just teaching me about PE these 3 years, but also a little about life. Thanks for giving every bit of what you have for the student population.

But there was something in Mr Samat's speech, which kinda touched me a little. The first sentence he said, was,"I'm sorry." Which, I kinda felt very upset by. Yes, I got a little emotional.

I don't actually know if I should feel sad because a teacher who has contributed to Crescent for 43 years is leaving, or I should feel happy because a teacher who has contributed to Crescent for 43 years is leaving to pursue his dreams.

I guess I should feel happy about it.

At least Mr Samat is free of any other obligations.

Which makes me reflect that I would indeed feel very upset if any of my past teachers, or teachers whom I have had slight brushes with in the past, were to leave Crescent. So don't worry teachers, you are loved. By the Crescent population, I guess.

Priscilla came up to me after the concert to ask me how it was. So I told her it was crap. But I was lying. The concert built up the atmosphere, maybe not properly, but there was definitely a glimpse of the happiness and gratitude and sadness of the students for the teachers. So I guess it was pretty much successful in that sense.


Thanks Sec 1, 2 and 3 teachers. Thanks for not giving up on me.

17th September. The day when my uncle and aunt got married. The day when Guin was born. The day was I was born. Next month.

Just a little ending song:

Way Back Into Love

I've been living with a shadow overhead
I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed
I've been lonely for so long
Trapped in the past, I just can't seem to move on

I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away
Just in case I ever need em again someday
I've been setting aside time
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind

All I want to do is find a way back into love
I can't make it through without a way back into love
Oh oh oh

I've been watching but the stars refuse to shine
I've been searching but I just don't see the signs
I know that it's out there
There's got to be something for my soul somewhere

I've been looking from someone to shed some light
Not just somebody just to get me through the night
I could use some direction
And I'm open to your suggestions

All I want to do is find a way back into love
I can't make it through without a way back into love
And if I open my heart again
I guess I'm hoping you'll be there for me in the end

There are moments when I don't know if it's real
Or if anybody feels the way I feel
I need inspiration
Not just another negotiation

All I want to do is find a way back into love
I can't make it through without a way back into love
And if I open my heart to you
I'm hoping you'll show me what to do
And I you help me to start again
You know that I'll be there for you in the end

Yay. Nice song. I've been listening to it ever since Lynnette darling sent it to me. And I was listening to it while Winston kept trying to pry about one of schoolmates from me. I think you know him, Winston. I think I asked you before. If I'm not wrong. Oh wells. You don't have to know dear. =]