Friday, 7 September 2007 Y 15:32

I distinctly remember that I promised to not blog until Tuesday.

Maybe I broke my promise, because here I am, clicking on the "New Post" button and typing this out.

But I feel that I am currently belting out thoughts which I was pondering over while having my dose of tetris, and I do want to remember these feelings forever in my life.
___________________________________________________________________

Thought 1: 881

Apparently, my mum's coming back tomorrow, and we're watching 881 at 7pm tomorrow. I am currently on the verge of telling my parents that I am not going to watch 881 with them due to an overwhelming amount of work. But I have decided not to, because I realise that in this week, I have not had as much time to properly interact with them, because I have been stuck in my office doing work. So I would go with them to watch 881.
___________________________________________________________________

Thought 2: Homework / Revision

I have been pondering over which I should do. Homework or Revision? Clearly, my EOYs are coming next week. In fact, my English EOYs are next Friday. So I shouldn't still be wasting time doing Homework, should I? Especially since I know that half of the work I do is going to be "gone through in class". Especially since that bulk of work that I have done is A-Math, and that I have already properly practised a bit of A-Math, though lesser than I would have intended, but as compared to my other 9 subjects, I have done quite a bit of A-Math more than anything else. And to revise, because my EOYs are in 3 weeks, not counting English. I have since decided to do Revision instead of Homework, because I don't really want to waste my time doing work that I know is going to be a reference material for the teacher to teach in class. Instead, I will use the remaining 30 hours of my holidays to study, and I will do the Homework in class instead.
___________________________________________________________________

Thought 3: What subjects I haven't touched on

So far, I have not touched Biology, Chinese and Social Studies. I have not done any Chinese homework, and I have not completed the revision paper that we were supposed to do, nor have I actually written a newspaper review for Chinese. There is, thankfully, no "homework" required for Biology, but I obviously have to get my topics knocked into my brain, keywords, concepts, everything included. Social Studies - I have to get my skills and I have to work out my speed of writing, because my present rate of writing is far too slow. I also have to make sure I know fully well the policies implemented and the situations that get horribly out of control. I do realise that I have alot to study and alot to work it all out alone.
___________________________________________________________________

Thought 4: How much time I have left

According to my calculations, I don't have much time left to properly Study. Knowing full well that I have started abit of revision since 2 weeks before and yet completely left out 3 subjects, I am most probably not going to finish my course of study before the exams. Hence, I should make a failed attempt at understanding concepts and ideas fully and plug the relevant material into the examination paper.
___________________________________________________________________

Thought 5: English EOY

I fully realise that I have to score for English EOY, or get retained or expelled from Crescent. And I fully understand that to score for English, I should make another failed attempt at completing my holiday homework, and not sit there, waiting and thinking of the absolute perfect word to fit into my otherwise imperfect sentences. I should know that I don't have much time left to carefully ponder over how indefectible my reply should be, or how flawless my summary can ever get. I should most probably not put so much effort into English, but put more effort into other subjects which require massive improvement.
___________________________________________________________________

I shall stop typing now and make an attempt to make a virulent attack at the overflowing pile of revision required to get past the Final Test.

And it seems that for now, I'm studying for the sake of passing exams, not for the sake to study.

I deeply wonder if that's a good thing or not.