Thursday, 20 September 2007 Y 16:52

I'll tell you the story of Cloony the Clown
Who worked in a circus that came through town.
His shoes were too big and his hat was too small,
But he just wasn't, just wasn't funny at all.
He had a trombone to play loud silly tunes,
He had a green dog and a thousand balloons.
He was floppy and sloppy and skinny and tall,
But he just wasn't, just wasn't funny at all.
And every time he did a trick,
Everyone felt a little sick.
And every time he told a joke,
Folks sighed as if their hearts were broke.
And every time he lost a shoe,
Everyone looked awfully blue.
And every time he stood on his head,
Everyone screamed, "Go back to bed!"
And every time he made a leap,
Everybody fell asleep.
And every time he ate his tie,
Everyone began to cry.
And Cloony could not make any money
Simply because he was not funny.
One day he said, "I'll tell this town
How it feels to be an unfunny clown."
And he told them all why he looked so sad,
And he told them all why he felt so bad.
He told of Pain and Rain and Cold,
He told of Darkness in his soul,
And after he finished his tale of woe,
Did everyone cry? Oh no, no, no,
They laughed until they shook the trees
With "Hah-Hah-Hahs" and "Hee-Hee-Hees."
They laughed with howls and yowls and shrieks,
They laughed all day, they laughed all week,
They laughed until they had a fit,
They laughed until their jackets split.
The laughter spread for miles around
To every city, every town,
Over mountains, 'cross the sea,
From Saint Tropez to Mun San Nee.
And soon the whole world rang with laughter,
Lasting till forever after,
While Cloony stood in the circus tent,
With his head drooped low and his shoulders bent.
And he said,"THAT IS NOT WHAT I MEANT -
I'M FUNNY JUST BY ACCIDENT."
And while the world laughed outside.
Cloony the Clown sat down and cried.

___________________________________________________________________

English EOYs tomorrow. Small wonder why I'm still bothering to sit here and type this damn thing out.

I need to write well for Paper 1.
I need to write desperately well for Paper 1.
I need some damned inspiration to write Paper 1.
I need some damned mood to be able to slip into and
Do my damned Paper 1 properly.
I need to think.
I have to think.
I need some damned brain space for all of this.
I HAVE TO DO A-MATH.

And work hard on Chemistry too, because I promised Jason I would.

Look forward to not hearing from me next week, folks. And the week after that, for good reason - EOYs. I think the word Hiatus is overused, so I shall use, instead, the word Interval.

See you in the 2-week long Interval honeys.
___________________________________________________________________

IC's done. It took 24 minutes. The nice lady asked me whether I wanted a modern or traditional sirname, so I told her I wanted the traditional one. YAY! I love my 繁体! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.

Compare it: versus .

is quite obviously the winner, right?! Precisely.

AND the best of all - its OFFICIAL. You people can all call me by my chinese name. Plus my sirname. Because it reminds of me just how fantastically beautiful my sirname is.

湘榕.
That's the most bloodily fantastic name I've ever ever ever heard. And the most beautifully crafted name I've ever ever ever seen.
___________________________________________________________________

And speaking of Chinese names, I know who told Jiali my chinese name.

PADMA.

Hurh. Jiali, you can call me by my chinese name now. And so can everyone. Provided that you can pronounce it accurately and also say 趙湘榕 instead of just 湘榕. Yes, then I would be immensely happy.
___________________________________________________________________

Today was the Showdown between Juanita Low of class 3C3 and Mdm Christina Loh, the PE teacher of class 3C3.

Fantastic to watch, really.

Juanita's a good player. And Mdm Christina Loh's wrist and elbow was injured, so she wasn't playing up to form.

Jiali was my Hockey partner. And the thing is, that we both can't hit straight. Shihan was Choo's partner, which was saddening and very dangerous for both of them.

PE. Might be graded next year. How fantastic.
___________________________________________________________________

CCA points - Shihan has 10. And Juanita has 201.5 CIP hours, and Zhong Jie has about 230++ hours. I'm doing CIP with Hyeon, Lava and possibly Cherlyn, and maybe Shihan though I haven't asked her yet.
___________________________________________________________________

Nad was telling me that she had told Mr Choy that Shihan and I would be going for consultation with him tomorrow. And then later during A-Math, Mr Choy was asking me,"Are you going for consultation tomorrow?"

HAHAH. I think I was most probably that I was far too noisy, and Mr Choy had to find a diversion to get me to keep quiet, else I'd most probably be talking far far far too much. Oh, and the laughing too.

Mr Choy was telling us that his previous method of getting us to calculate the whatnots of the modulus graph was too long and troublesome. And I was very happy to find that he was saying that, because I sincerely thought so too. And after he showed us his method of doing things, I was rather bemused. Because he told us that to draw the modulus graph for a simple equation, sub in zero and the vertex. And since its a simple equation, which is a v-shaped graph, we should just go flip the line that we drew to the other side of the graph. HAHAH.

I realised that I can copy slower than Shihan, but I can copy neater too. :)
___________________________________________________________________

Quekie and I were singing
"圣诞老人,圣诞树;
圣诞老人分礼物;
圣诞老人不许动也不许笑。"

during chinese.

And I think Mdm Lim heard, because she was smiling to herself when she walked past our table.
___________________________________________________________________

Box and whiskers graph. Ms Lin was saying that it wasn't much of a use, but it just looked cute. I do quite agree.
___________________________________________________________________

Guess what I'm doing right now? I'm reading those millions of articles about a woman named Eh Poh Nim that the english department has put up. Apparently, Eh Poh Nim is an attempt at a cheap joke and a pun on the word "eponym" itself, which basically means a name derived from the name of a person or mythical character.

I'm trying to bring up my linguistic skills by reading Eh Poh Nim's accounts. Honestly speaking, nobody, absolutely nobody I know actually speaks in such great volumes. Its rather baffling for someone to be able to converse freely in that manner. But I suppose that being restrictive and intellect, its actually a passport for people to communicate like THAT.

And I also realised that our English Department had uploaded a document on Missing Puns, which did not amuse me. Take a look at this question:

1. A group of apes on a leguminous diet were singing ‘Give __ a Chance’ in the jungle.

And it says that I've to rearrange the letters of the italicised word. So it should be "A group of apes on a leguminous diet were singing ‘Give Peas a Chance’ in the jungle.", which is extremely unfunny.

I assume the humor lies in the "leguminous diet" and the "give peas a chance", but its still very unfunny.
___________________________________________________________________

Today, something embarrasing happened to me during recess. Something I had expected, which happened, and I couldn't stop it. DARN.
___________________________________________________________________

Tomorrow: Choo and Shihan and Nad are gonna meet Mr Audition after the consultation session with Mr Choy. HAHAH. I can't wait for the verdict. :D
___________________________________________________________________