|
Friday, 14 September 2007 Y 22:48 I shall blog about my going-ons in these past few days. And sorry about the tag replies, because I don't assume the fact that I'll be free enough to reply tags. _____________________________________________________________ Wednesday: Physics was dead fun!! We had our lesson in the Faraday Lab, and Mrs Low was in a super happy mood. And we had fun! We learnt about waves. And we were naming the various waves, under longitudinal and something else I forgot. And Mrs Low was telling us about this extremely important wave that we forgot, so we were all thinking and thinking, and those smart alecks opened the textbook to check, but everything in the textbook was already there. Then Mrs Low finally told us that that superbly important wave, was the KALLANG WAVE. And she was commenting that the locals should show the foreign students “just in case during exams, they ask you: ‘What is a Kallang Wave?’ and you’ll dunno how to reply,” So, we did the Kallang wave for about a million thousand times, which was fun! The one thing that probably wasn’t fun about it was that I had to be the one being sabotaged to lead the Kallang Wave – thanks to my favourite partner called Shihan. And we discussed about the BEST location in which to hide under during an earthquake. And we all replied under a table. But according to Mrs Low, according to engineering, the safest place is under a doorframe, because the space under an arch has got to be the strongest..? I never knew that. Its good to know. And Mrs Low was sharing with us about her Taiwan-earthquake incident. I’ve heard about that one. I am sure I can get first hand information on it. Literature was okay. Some thinking points here and there, but not so much as a fully impacting one. Recess was okay. I seriously am planning to convert to being a vegan. And recess reminded me of Hyeon and my directing skills, our fascinating movie. Remember the fantastic story we made up to cover up the loopholes of our Crescentian society, Hyeon?! HAHAH. I didn’t understand anything in Biology. Maybe that’s because I didn’t try. But towards the lesson, I really really did attempt in understanding the topic of Excretion. Did it help? No. But Biology was a sick sick sick lesson. Or so I thought. Shihan was fascinated by learning about Excretion. I was disgusted. Apparently, Shihan feels that the human body is fascinating. Yes, don’t we all. But a little knowledge certainly helped me carry my thoughts far too far out. English was the speech thing, in which I have utmost faith that I failed that component. Firstly, because I was having a nervous wreck. I don’t understand how people can have a nervous wreck when its just a normal class activity. Secondly, because I had a perfectly beautifully written script, which, in the end, I did not follow at all. So… The effort put into the work was kinda wasted. But according to people, I didn’t screw up that badly. As in, I screwed up, but I somehow managed to cover up the tracks. Chinese was interesting. We had to do some skit, on the 大钱饺子 thing, and I was forced to act as the stupid old lady. I shall reenact our skit. I was the stupid old ah-ma, and I was blind-folded and I was fed with the stupid 饺子, and I had to choke on some weird object in the 饺子, and then I had to spit the 饺子 out and find – OMG, it’s a coin!! Then my supposed “孝顺” grandson and daughter-in-law had to go like, “奶奶有福!奶奶有福!” which I was like, ERUHM. But it worked. Chemistry. I paid attention, because Mrs Leow was teaching us about the new topic. I don’t see what’s extremely difficult about it. Just a bit to type into my brain memory space of memory space of extremely big capacity. ___________________________________________________________________ Thursday: Chinese was GREAT! We realised that we won the award for the most creative group or something like that, I forgot. And we won Pringles, which we haven’t opened yet. And I don’t think that if we open it we’ll open it in class, because we gotta respect the people who are having their fasting month, no? PE was taught by Ms Christina Low, in which I find her very amusing. She taught us Hockey. Its not easy. Its something that my Grandmother can never ever claim she excelled in, nor my dad, because they plain didn’t. Hockey’s tough. I was against Mira, and I kept hitting at the stupid grassy patch instead of at the Hockey ball. Juanita had to be Ms Low’s partner, mainly because Juanita is the only one in our class who is in the school team. Ms Low is funny. While playing, I was reminded of the time when I went to watch Germany play against Australia at a semi-final Hockey game, and quite obviously I was on the German side. And Germany won the championships! Which I was very very very happy for. And I was also reminded of how during Sec 1 when we were supposed to be drilled for “talented” people in track, Hockey and choir. Which I didn’t get the form for track because I didn’t want to run; and I didn’t get the form for Choir simply because I didn’t hit the right notes, but surprisingly, I got the form for HOCKEY. But my eyes were set on ELDDS. So that explains why I’m not in the Hockey. I wouldn’t have survived in Hockey anyway. I don’t ever think that I’m a sports-person. Mainly because I remember during Primary school, for every single PE lesson, my group of friends and I would sit around talking, and lie to the teacher that we had finished his rounds. So I started Primary school off by talking and not doing sports, and I don’t expect to stop talking and do sports, yes? Math was okay. I paid attention. And I also completed my overdue homework, so it was GREAT! And after that was Chemistry, when Mrs Leow gave us our 5 Gotchas! – this class award piece of paper, and the class that gets the most number WINS! – and so we were happy! I wanted to listen in A-Math, but Mr Choy was progressing through the work like he was ice-skating on the various piles of homework we had, so I decided that I had to learn how to ice-skate, as were the other members of the class. Its figurative, by the way. So during A-Math when Mr Choy was teaching us about Miscellaneous Exercise 11, I was busily working hard to complete my Exercise 11.3 just so that I could keep up with the lesson, but quite obviously, I failed. And Mr Choy came around, very concerned, and asked me, “Michelle, what are you doing?” So I told him that I was doing Exercise 11.3, and he said something like “But I’m going through Miscellaneous Exercise now. Why don’t you just find a space and copy it down?” And I kinda replied something along the lines of “I have to complete my Exercise 11.3 first before progressing on to Miscellaneous Exercise.” And he continued on, equally concerned, something like, “What if you don’t know the answers?” so I remember me saying that I would grab someone else’s work to copy if I didn’t know anything, and he kinda laughed at it. Or smiled. Or maybe he was frowning. I can’t really remember. Lunch was before Geog. And during Geog, Jiali was making a fool out of herself, so she’s now the Great-grandmother of 3C3, while Aish is the Grandmother of 3C3. Or maybe 3C3 in the Geog class, yes. Apparently Jiali didn’t have Enterprise. I didn’t know that Enterprise ended so early. BIOLOGY WAS LOVE. I shall not quote the exact story that spilled out like pearls of wisdom from the mouth of Cherlyn Tan Yi, my dear Ping, my dear Fred, my dear twin brother, because I cannot remember her rendition of the story. Hence, I shall slip pieces of what I remember. Mrs Yip came into class with her microphone and three markers. And she sat down, and everyone assumed that she wasn’t going to teach. Then she stood up gracefully, walked up to the board without any reference whatsoever to any textbook, and drew out the diagram of a kidney. Then she turned to draw a diagram of the entire excretory system itself. And she turned to label the diagrams and explain everything, and when we raised up a question that her labeling was inaccurate – according to the textbook. She frowned and insisted that she was correct, before taking a swift look at the textbook and announced that it was WRONG. And guess what? I TRUST MRS YIP. And I absolutely love her. I hope very very much that she can be our Biology teacher next year. ELDDS was depressing. I don’t think I’ve ever felt that deep after any ELDDS session. Ever. ___________________________________________________________________ Friday: Mass Run was horrible. Padmini and I got into trouble in. And Padmini and Aish and I got scolded again. Oh well. I think I’m starting to get used to it. A-Math. I got very frustrated doing my work, and Shihan was doing her TYS questions. And I was left struggling with how to do the questions. In the end, we decided to consult Mr Choy since I couldn’t do it, and Shihan couldn’t properly explain it to me. And it was rather amusing to see Shihan trying to explain to Mr Choy her method, and Mr Choy trying to explain to Shihan his method. And I was like, pushed out of the discussion, and I told Shihan to get her method right, then teach me. Because I wasn’t about to get confused over the drawing of the graphs again. Physics was okay. I understand waves! Although I hope too, that I can practically do waves, not just know the formula and everything, and yet not know how to apply. After recess was CME, when I was told a very shocking piece of news, which is that I’ve a CME exam to take. How irritating! And now I have ELEVEN subjects to study for! After CME was Social Studies, in which Mrs Lau wanted to erase the sacred drawings of Mrs Yip from the day before – surprisingly, none of the teachers before had attempted to erase it off, and where she faced a severe “face-off” with the rest of 3C3. Rather interesting to watch. And during Social Studies, I realised how stupid I ever ever was to put so much effort into writing the purpose statement when it was only worth 1-2 marks. English was.. I dunno. We were supposed to write a composition, and I had to take 15 minutes to get myself into the mood of writing an actual composition. And when I started, I couldn’t stop. And when I eventually stopped, I couldn’t write anymore. This is one of the reasons why I would like writing compositions during examinations. Because nobody is allowed to disrupt my attention from my script, and I can write out anything and everything I want to. But yes, I wrote my introduction which took up 3 pages, and I passed them to ChooChoo, Shihan, Cherlyn and Vanessa to read and give me comments. Reason being: so that I can actually know what people are thinking when they read, and how far or near they are to my actual plot. And also, for the fun of it all, I could possibly wind around their possible theories and fool them with pretty lies about how the plot could end up being, but they all uhm.. get shocked and surprised and taken aback, and end up in my net, which is my original plot, yes? I told ChooChoo and Shihan my plot. Choo thinks its good, and Shihan understands a bit more simply because – I told her more. Cherlyn thinks that the plot is very superficial and immature, and Vanessa the brainless simply cannot decide for herself what it all amounts up to. Though the four of them were very curious, I must say. Math was fun. The extra lesson was fun. I had fun. We all had fun. But the point of it, is that we all LEARNT. I shall one day, type out that composition out here. One day. ___________________________________________________________________ |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |