|
Sunday, 28 October 2007 Y 20:39 Billy's homework assignment is to think of a true story with a moral so he goes home and thinks about it all night and finally has one. The following day, Suzy raises her hand first and says, "My dad owns a farm and every Sunday we load the chicken eggs on the truck and drive into town to sell them at the market. Well, one Sunday we hit a big bump and all the eggs flew out of the basket and onto the road." The teacher asks for the moral to the story. Suzy replies, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." Next is Lucy. "Well, my dad owns a farm, too, and every weekend we take the chicken eggs and put them in the incubator. Last weekend only 8 of the 12 eggs hatched. The moral is, don't count your chicks before they are hatched.'' Billy is last to speak. He said, ''My uncle Ted fought in the Vietnam War. His plane was shot down over enemy territory. He jumped out before it crashed, with only a parachute, a bottle of bourbon, a machine gun, and a machete. As he floated down he drank the bottle of bourbon. Unfortunately, he landed right in the middle of 100 North Vietnamese soldiers. He shot 70 with his machine gun, but ran out of bullets so he pulled out his machete and killed 20 more. The blade broke on his machete, so he killed the last 10 with his bare hands.'' The teacher looks in shock at Billy and asks if there is possibly any moral to his story. Billy replies, "Don't talk to my Uncle Ted when he's been drinking.'' ___________________________________________________________________ The Golden Years. I was reading the programme - juniors: You better have this for Drama Nite, since the seniors won't be in charge anymore - for The Golden Years, and I saw something that made me laugh alot. But I'll leave that hanging for a while, and talk about the show in itself instead. So basically, there were 3 male elderlies at an old folks home - The Muthu guy, an ex-rocker Zul, and my utmost favourite Ah Hock. Okay, so maybe there weren't really 3 males, but they were the main characters. There was some other guy, but he had zero lines, and he was representing the type of guy that people shun away from in society, meaning: freaks. And there were 2 female elderlies - both of them desperate, and both of them chasing after the same guy (most of) ELDDS was also chasing after: Proves just how utterly lovable that Ah Hock person was. So basically, the play showed that old age, does not mean being utterly useless. And it was rather interesting, seeing that there was a little concert after that. And I still can't believe I teared during the concert. I didn't CRY, okay, I teared. Still. It was touching. Did I mention that I love Ah Hock? Because I do. And I hate that desperate Auntie who calls herself Susie. Actually I don't hate her, as in - hate her, but I just find her super irritating!! Who act cutes like that?! Desperate people, exactly. But it was quite funny, because she sat on Ah Hock's lap, and he was yelping. HAHAH, proves that Ah Hock has taste. Only that he liked another Auntie called Ah Choo, but at least Ah Choo was better than SUSIE. And did I mention that there were special performances by people out of theVoice? Well, there were. And the ballroom dancers just so happened to be close friends of Mr and Mrs Teo, so I took a photo of the ballroom dancers. See - that's what happens when you mingle too much with your parents. Or rather, when your parents mingle around, and introduce you to their friends. You end up knowing so many adult people, you start to lose your inner kid! Which is scary enough to think of. Anyway - there was this 61 year old guy performing as well, and he was the face changer kinda thing. But he had been learning that for 2 years only. But he had been doing opera since he was 11, which is - 50 years. And I would say that he was great, even though I didn't understand it because it was in Cantonese - and I don't speak Cantonese. Aysha and I were trying to decipher what that guy was saying in Cantonese. Wait - a confirmation: Aysha was pegging me to decipher what that guy was saying, despite me claiming that I don't understand Cantonese. But we managed to find out the plot in the end - something about a couple who were under certain obligations - big space to evaluate here - and so they couldn't get married, but they were so in love, they wore wedding gowns and all of that, and went through the customs and all of that, and they put poison in their wine and drank it - so that they would die together, married. I was quite upset after I understood the plot, because it was rather sad. But I haven't talked about the Master himself yet. Apparently, his name is Master Choy Yien Chow. And I was reading his portfolio, which made me laugh, because they didn't call him "Master Choy", but they called him "Mr Choy", and so that reminded me of my otherwise nice A-Math teacher. An excerpt: "Since 1967, Mr Choy has groomed many local talents in opera singing, performances and martial arts." Its amusing to read this, because according to Mr Choy, he was born in 1980, or something like that. And... To read this in the context of Mr Choy, 3C3's A-Math teacher, is quite amusing. OH - and I saw Eugene Lin!! Okay, so basically, about 1 hour before The Golden Years, I was watching Little Coach on Kids Central. And there was this funny guy called Eugene Lin, so I was rather amused and all. And at The Golden Years, I saw that guy again! And he was standing right on stage, with all flesh and bone and skin and fats and all of that, singing a musical and acting and all! So I was like - OMG, isn't that the guy I saw about 2 hours ago on TV?! And yes - Eugene Lin. Funny guy. And did I mention that there was also this old guy who was playing the guitar? Guess what? He talked to me after the show! And he was asking me how he did, so I said that he was great! And I wasn't lying, because he was great. I teared during his performance, alright. And there was this other person called EZ, who had this FANTASTIC VOICE. I am being so damned serious. Her voice was like, so soothing and jazzy and all of that OMG!! Its the perfect dream voice I've always always always dreamt of having. OMG, it was so great! I loved her voice! And she sang 月亮代表我的心 and "Its My Life" by Bon Jovi - and it wasn't crappy singing, it was a pop rock singing, and Aleena and I were like WHOO! I'M IN A CONCERT! sorta mood. So yeah - ROCK. I was trying to sing to 月亮代表我的心, but Aysha was sitting next to me, so I felt quite embarrased. And I stand my ground - I can actually sing 月亮代表我的心, okay. I had to do that to entertain the crappy old people in Taiwan, and sing songs to them. The things I do for my family.. And yes, I was solely touched by EZ's singing. I shall upload pictures that will embarrass people. Aleena Mansoor. I hope she doesn't sue me for it, that girl can outtalk me anytime she wants to. But she probably wouldn't, afterall, her hair looks nice in this photo. Padmini is gonna sue me for this, but it don't matter, because she'll end up making her lawyer laugh his crap out, she won't be able to go to court. ___________________________________________________________________ I have this chinese song stuck in my head now, and it refuses to go off NO MATTER HOW MANY HOT SONGS I LISTEN TO. So I'm a little worried now, its a super old song called 朋友 by someone whom I don't know. But its quite nice, as in, its a rather... Basically, I like the lyrics, fullstop. And I've heard it too many times to not own it. Anyone who has that song, PLEASE, send me, OMG. I would love you till death, honestly. ___________________________________________________________________ SCHOOL TOMORROW, OH GOSH. Who said anything about the last day of school? Chinese, Biology... And ENGLISH. Its gonna be murderous. ___________________________________________________________________ OH YES, have I said anything about Mr Choy saying that Mr Teo was very fierce? Well, I was telling my parents over dinner, and my dad choked on his food, and my mum laughed her head off, and people around us were staring. Conversation: "My A-Math teacher said that you're very fierce, daddy." "Did you tell him that your mum's fiercer?" "Yeah, and he looked stunned and he turned away." "He's gonna think that your whole family is full of people with attitude problems." "Your A-Math teacher said that I was fierce?" "Yeah, and he said,'All the teachers say that your father's very fierce'." "All the teachers?!" "Yes, ALL the teachers." "I think your A-Math teacher is going to run back and tell the other teachers,'No, Michelle said that her father's not fierce, her mum is fiercer,' " "I'm so famous, they gossip about me in the staffroom." Green for me, Red for my dad, and black for my mum. And I realised a very important rule: Deja vu. As much as my dad is famous in the staffroom, my teachers are famous with my parents too. All of my teachers, past and present. And definitely future. And guess what? Mr Siow's the most famous teacher. ___________________________________________________________________ |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |