Saturday, 27 October 2007 Y 13:02

There are some children in a class naming animals and they come across a picture of a deer.

So the teacher asks Bobby, “What is this animal called?”

“I dunno,” claims Bobby.

So then she says, “I'll give you a hint—it's what your mother calls your father.”

The boy thinks for a minute and then says, “Oh, so that's what a son of a bitch looks like!”
___________________________________________________________________

I realise why I can never ever ever ever ever understand a poem fully. And that my understanding poetry skills are inevitably horrific.

And that's because unlike prose - I don't write poetry.

But that doesn't mean that my prose skills are excellent - just that they are better than my poetry skills. But my prose skills are crap as well, I don't often get strokes of inspiration, and usually when I do - its the wrong point. And hence - my points are all on the surface. Not deep down inside, where its the only place that I'm able to reach or whatnot.

Besides, I don't think the "prose" that I write can be considered prose. Prose is full of deep thoughts, but the stuff I write is full of mindlesss thoughts, no matter how carefully I think of a word and place it down with great meaning - or so I think.

And another thing - is that I don't read as much poetry as prose.

Hence: Instead of reading those books of Kane and Abel - I like the story - which have been highly recommended by the English Department of Crescent Girls' School - I have to switch to reading poetry by firstly going to Borders to buy the poetry books, and then go to the National Library to borrow the 4 books that I am required to write a book review on.

Reading a book could probably take up the flying time from Singapore to Hong Kong, and book reviews can easily be done in 30 minutes in the hotel room in Hong Kong.

Its called "making a time table", darlings. Not "pretending to do work".
___________________________________________________________________

Alliance Francaise at 3pm today: BOY - it was love.

ELDDS went to watch a play called "The Golden Years", by theVoice.

It was fantastic, I loved the characters. But I especially loved this Chinese dude named Ah Hock - or rather, he was playing as a character named Ah Hock - and he was so charming and he looked so cheery and all of that. He looked charming. Kinda like the "Andy Lau" syndrome kinda charming. Just that in this case, it was a "Jace Lee".

And I loved another character called Muthusamy ..... Samysamy - in short, Muthu. But he was so fantastic, he was so funny, he was so passionate and devoted - I absolutely loved him! He sang Sexyback - but the lyrics were fine tuned to that fitting the context of a hairy back. I don't think I can remember everything, except for the first two lines, which is good enough.

"I have a hairy back,
People see also dunno how to act."

Yeah, I loved that guy's humour. The scriptwriter, I mean. HAHAH.

I shall blog more about The Golden Years tomorrow - or when I have more time to do so. And upload the candid photos that ELDDS was taking.
___________________________________________________________________

I just told Clarence that I'm getting married next week.

And the marriage ceremony is only for close friends and family, okay.

But honestly, I seriously can't imagine getting married. Doesn't that sound very threatening? I shudder at the very thought. Honestly, why do people want to get married? According to Clarence, its because there's someone for him to "shower love and care on". So yes, Clarence was unleashing the romantic in him. Tease him for me, Tinaes!

But really, why do people want to get married? That's so scary. I don't actually know why its scary, but it just seems so. It seems really scary to like, walk down the aisle and wear this white gown and proudly proclaim to everyone around that you're gonna spend the rest of your life with this person whom you haven't really known your whole life!

But I guess the scariest part, is being proposed to. I guess most of the time, girls get proposed to, and I don't think they're the ones who have to plan the most romantic night of forever - most of the time; Always leave some space for exceptions.

Getting proposed to is so scary. Why do people wish their whole lives to get proposed to? The idea just freaks me out. I don't actually know what and why its scary, but it just seems very scary to me. Okay fine - for die-hard romantics like Shihan, getting proposed to is such a romantic experience. But HELL - isn't it also freaky? Just think about it - someone asking you to spend the rest of your life with them.

Which is why I can't imagine someone proposing to... But nobody will actually do that, so I'm fine. But just imagine:

"Will you marry me?"
"OMG, GO AWAY, I'M SO SCARED!!!"

Of course, I empathise those who have been betrothed. It happens okay, even though we're in the 21st Century. But it happens. My nephew is betrothed to some girl whom he doesn't like. And I was - read: WAS - once betrothed - I don't know why I'm actually saying it - to some other ass who totally doesn't deserve me at all.

And I wasn't even the one who said that he doesn't deserve me - my own nephew said it. And so I hugged him for it, because THANK GOD someone felt the way I did.

My poor nephew. 林微 should go and marry someone disgusting like 陈先生. And I'm saying 陈先生 only because I can't remember his name, not because I wanna be polite - YUCK. There's no point being polite to a toad like that.

Can you imagine? 陈湘榕? OMG. Damnit.
Please. I want to remain a 趙, thank you very much, Taiwan protocol.
___________________________________________________________________