|
Tuesday, 9 October 2007 Y 17:12 This is the start of an uber-long post of last-last week. Which is uber-long. 7 days worth of posts. And that means: Move on to another blog, honey. Unless you wanna waste 1+ hour of your life reading about mine. And yes, its in present tense. Or partly in past tense. I dunno. Still. That's because it was what I was busily typing away to relieve stress from everything. ___________________________________________________________________ Sunday: 23/09/07 Clarence and Mavis were hell as irritating me bloody badly. Actually they weren’t, because I had a hell lot of fun irritating THEM too. Seriously, those two. What with the “Michelle, I think you’ve gotta be careful…” crap. CRAP, utter crap. And Clarence just had to carry it further and say, “So, Michelle. 6th or 7th?” And I was like – Clarence, I’m irritated by you. Clarence gave me my birthday present! It was a little golden brown soft toy dog, which I haven’t named it yet. The eyes are distorted, though. One’s bigger. But that’s okay! I have a good mind to call it Jack. Jack Sparrow. But yes, anyway. I spent the rest of my stupid Sunday at home, stuck in a stupid little room, doing A-Math. Oh yes, I was practicing for the A-Math test we were gonna have on Monday. And it irritated me badly because I wasn’t at home, and I didn’t have my reference materials, and I was at my stupid cousin’s house, and the window was freakishly open, so insects attracted to the stupid light could fly in and bask in the warmth of, oh, the Sun. And I was susceptible to the Diseases, for example, oh I don’t know, Dengue, maybe? So yes, irritation caught me completely off guard, and yes, I was irritated. And how long did I spend in there? 4 freaking hours doing A-Math. No, it wasn’t just Math in general, but A-Math. Which disturbed me greatly, because I was actually trying my best to complete my homework. But come to think of it, I was torturing myself for E-Math for an hour after that. But I was still disturbed, especially since the A-Math topic I was trying to conscientiously pay attention on, was Trigonometric Functions, and that, I feel, is fun, yet exceedingly irritating. And yes, I spent 4 bloody hours in that bug-infested room, risking the precarious situation, just to get irritated by the tangents. The make of an intelligent being? Oh, so very much. And what became of an irritable idiot when aunts, uncles, cousins and my cousin’s boyfriend coming in to tell me to stop work and go out to eat? More irritable. So it was a rather irritating and strenuous Exercise. Literally. And so I came home with the intention of telling everyone I got driven crazy thanks to Trigonometry. It worked. It started with putting the sec 3 = 1 / cos 3 thing as an MSN display message, and everyone knew. ___________________________________________________________________ Monday: 24/09/07 The day started out funnily scary. Or scarily funny. Because a fantastically huge moth with wings that were about 15cm in width, flew into class, surrounded our heads twice, and the second time it did that, I felt something hard and heavy slam into me, and I got knocked out of my chair. Almost. Turns out that hard heavy object was Cherlyn Tan Yi. Why? Because she, despite her being about 500 times the size of the moth, was scared of the damn thing. Actually I shouldn’t talk. Because I was scared too. But it wasn’t an excuse for God-fearing Cherlyn Tan Yi, was it? So I was shocked and surprised and very badly freaked out when I actually flew out of my chair and suddenly there was this little child cuddling next to me for protection. Shihan was laughing badly, and she said, “I don’t think Michelle is scared of the moth, I think she’s scared of you.” Well, yes, in a sense. Michelle is scared of both. Chemistry was irritating me badly, or maybe I just didn’t recover from the bloody hangover from yesterday. So what did I do? One of the practice papers. Surprisingly. Biology was horrendous. We had to check the SPA files, and I realised that I had seven missing experiments! So I obviously freaked out, and I only found 4. Or 3. But the shocking thing was that I had the others missing. And that worried me. I handed in some practicals at the end, and Ms Li was shocked and she screamed into her mike, “MICHELLE, you’re handing in Experiment 4.4!?! Which is how long ago?” so I attempted at exuding a hurt look, and said, “Last semester,” so that she won’t get so pissed off with me. English was… I was so angry at not knowing our oral marks, mainly because Mrs Ow claimed that she didn’t have the oral marks, because Mr M hadn’t passed it to her. 2 months, it doesn’t take that long to compute NUMBERS, does it? And guess what I did during English? A-Math. Again. And I was muttering, “I swear I’m not gonna do Mr Choy’s work anymore.” And Shihan who was sitting 2 seats away obviously overheard, even with Choo’s iPod plugged in her ear, and she turned around and said, “First sign of going crazy: Talking to yourself, especially with Mr Choy in the sentence.” Physics was fine. We finished up the chapter on sound. And I realize that I’m tired, tired, tired of drawing waves. As though we didn’t have enough to draw for A-Math, what with the 2 sin x + 3 = 0 crap. But as I like dissing Shihan’s graph a lot, I shall comment on it again. Shihan’s graph is like hoards of sausages, some higher than others, some lower, but they were all rounded at the top, and not even one of the sausages was the same height as another. Math was bad. Because we got back our paper, and I was very disappointed in my grade. Obviously. Shihan told me to not get upset and continue to work hard for math. Easy said, easy done? Hurh. Geography was the tablet Map-Reading exercise, and my brain was aching with all the grief accumulated from the wrath of my math paper. So I wasn’t concentrating much, because it just came across me just how beautiful the world is, and how very very tired I was. I wasn't making much sense then, again, thanks to the math grade. A-Math was late. Because Map-reading was 25 minutes long and we’d wasted about 15 minutes just getting everyone ready. But Mr Choy had two periods anyway, and a whole lot of time to spare, so I didn’t especially care very much. Besides, it was the test, and I felt too numb to feel anything or even to even move my pen fast enough to write the crappy formulas that my brain could barely make out. I ended up having about 7 minutes left to check, but I was still writing till the last minute. And it came across to me as how imperfect the human soul was, and just how bloody perfect we all want everything to be. Which was a waste of time. I don’t think I did too badly, I think I passed, even, but I don’t think that I scored a good grade. I was numb and cold and indifferent to everything around me, and yet I managed to do the questions faster than what I would have in my normal mode? Impossible. Robot was the word that flitted through my mind. Surprisingly. And even still, I can actually remember the first question as well as how I tried to solve it, and the second question, and how I tried to solve it, and the third question, Part a) and b) and how I tried to solve it.So maybe it wasn’t me in a Numb Mode, but me in a concentrative mode. And after the test, what did Shihan do? She turned around and said, “Mich, I think you’ll score A1 for your math during EOYs.” To which I obviously replied, “No way.” Because it was true. I promised myself to not torture myself for math any longer, because there wasn’t a point in it anyway. But I was going to torture myself in science, because I’d become the triple science failure and get retained, which I most probably have anyway. The rest of A-Math was spent in frosty silence, with Mr Choy doing revision for Topic 1, and me solving the few test questions that I remembered, before moving on to complete the September Holiday assignments that Choo never knew existed and Mira scribbling on her practice papers, her eyes boring holes into the flimsy paper like she was pissed at it. Colette was scaring me when she was saying that some Caucasian went to the Night Safari, and he wrote for feedback, “The Night Safari was good, but I don’t understand why you make children do acrobats on the trees.” I completely cannot imagine that. And I was rather worried, so Timothy tried to calm me down. HAHAH, Timothy is funny. And Samuel shaved himself bald on a dare. And it wasn’t just him and his friend, but him and 5/6 other idiots. Rather interesting. HAHAH, imagine it taking place in Crescent? Then we won’t have anymore boy-girls, we’ll just have a whole bunch of nuns. ___________________________________________________________________ Tuesday: 25/09/07 Chinese was okay. We didn’t do anything very fun, mainly because it was the exam-period. And Mdm Lim passed around the mark list, which I managed to see just how badly I’d done for CA2. I can’t imagine just how horrible it was. I remember whining about the stupid As that I USED to get in Sec 2 and Sec 1, and now, I’m not even hitting that grade. Fantastic. I used to think that I was a language person, and I fully functioned through the magical works of speech. Maybe not. Social Studies was pretty alright. We got back our test and graded assignment, and I was stupidly upset with the test grade. Not that I’m extremely affected by the grade, but the thing was, I seriously didn’t study, I tried reading through the damned textbook, but I failed, but I really did study the format of the essay, and guess what? Mrs Lau wrote at the end “Good content, but no link. Could have been Level 4 / 11.” Meaning instead of getting that pathetic single digit, I could have scored 11 over 13. So I was pissed. Because of the format that I actually studied. Maybe studying doesn’t help anymore. Recess was so funny. Cherlyn brought a mooncake to school, her Pandan Shangri-La Hotel mooncake, and she was, well, mooning, over the mooncake, if you’d excuse the pun. And I was telling Vanessa how she was the absolute everybody’s favourite in, oh say, everything. And Vanessa was getting violent with every pearl of wisdom that came out from my lips. But its true, Vanessa, you can’t deny. It’s a fact. You’re everybody’s favourite! So yes, the next time I get verbally attacked, I’ll stand up and say “I’m Vanessa’s best friend,” and everyone would be like “Oh, don't worry about that mistake, its okay, I'm not angry anymore.” And yes, I'm being immature. Why? Becuase I'm definitely not verbally attacked. And if I were, I'll rather verbally attack back than give up. Why? Because that's just me. But yes. Vanessa was eating from the Chicken rice stall, and when Cherlyn wanted a spoon to eat her mooncake, but her spoon was dirty, and she couldn’t use mine, because it was Halal, unlike the mooncake. So Cherlyn went to the Chicken rice stall to take a spoon to eat her mooncake, and the auntie there was questioning about the spoon, and Cherlyn had to say that Vanessa dropped her spoon, so she was getting another one for her. And guess what? The auntie allowed. So there goes my point. Vanessa is everyone’s favourite. And Cherlyn mutilated the mooncake in a most disgusting fashion, which was that she scooped up her mooncake and shared it with Hyeon, Vanessa and I. It was fine, and I was drinking peach tea, so I suggested to 赏月. And I suggested that Vanessa be the bloody moon, since she was everyone’s favourite anyway. And I got another whack. Vanessa really shouldn't do dance in Crescent. She should go learn something safer. Something like crocodile wrestling. And it was during recess when Choo was telling me that there was this Sec 1 girl who looked exceedingly like me. And I tell you, no she doesn’t. Apparently she’s from my ex class 1S2, which just so happens to be Aricia’s and Rachael’s class, and her name’s Lorraine or something. But seriously, its an insult to both me and her. So please, whomever’s reading this and still feels that I have a Sec 1 twin, please, don’t insult us. I smartly decided to buy the bloody hashbrowns, because I like hashbrowns, but the damned thing was spicy, so I couldn’t eat it. In the end, Hyeon shared the hashbrown with me, but we threw it away in the end, because it was really spicy and oily and I just plain didn’t like it. Geography was about coasts. I realize that I’m not putting as much effort in Geography as before. maybe I got complacent just because – oh, I scored a friggin A1 in this subject – so I’m slacking in Geography. I really don’t know what I’m thinking about. How can anyone be that pathetically stupid?! And the CA2 mark list was also passed around, and the grade was pretty much average. And I actually saw that my Map Reading exercise scored 8 out of 9 marks. Which came off as a very pleasant surprise, because I remember lamenting about how sleepy I was throughout the entire thing. So maybe it wasn’t me, numb and groggy, but the active side of me deactivating to convert my high metabolism to brain power instead. I hope that my A-Math grade similarly reflects the hypothesis too. Literature was horrible, because I stupidly forgot to bring my book. For a Lit class. So, well, I was rather pissed off with myself. And before Lit started, I had to handover the Prop Room keys to Mr M. I miss jingling the keys while walking and irritating everyone within 10cm of me. Oh, The Handover. Just like how I had to hand over Melissa because Mr M wanted to keep Melissa with him, and which he didn’t collect for a week, so Melissa lay in his pigeon-hole. Oh, the wondrous and beautiful Melissa. The fantastic Debate file in which all the resources lie, in her protective red cover. Yes, I love Melissa. CME exam was so tough! I totally couldn’t answer the questions properly. What happens if you fail CME? Does it mean that you have no moral values? Ooh, I didn’t study. But apparently, someone from 3C2 took notes. For CME. I think I’m gonna fail, I didn’t pay attention in class at all. But seriously, the part testing on the various cultures, now that was tough. The question was “When is fasting month?” so Choo and I wrote “Eighth month.” How coincidental! And our reasoning was the same. Because the Chinese seventh month just passed, and the Muslims are now fasting, so we thought that the Muslims fasted in the eighth month. Which goes to show how horribly dumb I am at understanding the customs of other cultures. Which I feel largely guilty for, frankly. But I do realize just how similar I am with the people around me. Birds of a feather, flock together? Shihan and I actually wrote “Mr Edward Cullen” for our English Paper 2 formal letter as the Minister for Education, since we had to put a bogus one. And frankly when I put that down, I was thinking that Shihan would do so too. And guess what? When she wrote his name down, she was thinking that I would do so too! So see, Shihan and I belong in the same world, where Mr Edward Cullen was the Minister for Education, and according to Shihan, she was his adoring wife. It was also the Mooncake Festival. And I sincerely wonder why they couldn’t think of a better name than that. Something elegant, perhaps. I took the bus home with Vanessa, and I managed to get home perfectly, so I’m proud of myself. But I was like some bloody spoilt brat in the bus, mainly because some idiot had ripped the freaking seat cover off the seats, and I was irritated. But seriously, I never knew that behind the smooth surface of the seats, was this exceedingly thick wad of sponge and a block of wood behind. So yes, I might want to actually thank that person who ruined the seats. Taking the bus was fun. Although I didn’t really talk much, but I was listening to my iPod and Vanessa was talking to her boyfriend. I realize that Vanessa actually dropped off at Raffles Town Club. Cool. I don’t know why its cool though. But I was thinking that if I actually dropped off at RTC, I could get a chance to meet Xin Ying, or Yi Chieh, or Zi Han, or Vanessa or Zhen Yi, or other friends from SCGS and SJI. Which will be great, considering the fact that I haven’t seen all of them in three years, except for Vanessa and Zi Han, whom I met earlier this year. I dropped off with Bernice, Pearlyn and Cleo. And when I dropped off, I saw a familiar face, Joyce, in her SCGS uniform and a whole pile of books on her lap, so I assumed it was Locker Clearance Day for them. And the Sec 3s were all talking together at the bus stop. And there, it was revealed that Pearlyn and I were from the same Primary school, and Bernice and Cleo were from the same Primary school. Fascinating. And I felt quite sorry for Joyce who was sitting alone, with nobody to talk to, and a whole stack of books pressing on her lap, so I walked over to talk to her. Pearlyn, Cleo, Joyce and I took the same bus, and in the bus, I saw another familiar face, which is Aunite Ming Yue, Joyce’s and my neighbour. So I was rather pleasantly surprised by the sight of so many people I knew, and yes, I was satisfied, because it meant that I had company and someone to talk to and entertain me. ___________________________________________________________________ Wednesday: 26/09/07 Physics was painful. Not because I didn’t do my work, but because it was plainly painful. But I realize that I actually can understand Physics, not that I’m horribly pathetic in that subject. Except maybe Kinematics. Ah, that, I’m stupid in. And Mrs Low actually informed us that she would be taking over 2 periods of English, since Mrs Ow agreed to give up lessons to her. And it was reluctantly accepted. At the end of the lesson, Mrs Low announced, “I want to see Meimei and Michelle,” so I got a little worried. Because I knew that it was something to do with SPA, because I helped Meimei hand in her SPA, so if it was lost… But in the end, Mrs Low actually wanted to tell us to redo the corrections. So I wasn’t that worried. But she wanted it “by the end of today”, so I was planning to do it in some lesson. Literature was… in a way… sad. Or maybe it was Michelle acting sentimental. We’ve finished The Whale Rider, I can’t believe it. I hope I can effectively remember my quotes and various scenes from the book. I don’t believe I’ve properly studied The Whale Rider yet. During recess, I cut queue. And the thing was, I didn’t even know that I was cutting queue. But Sweechen was nice, and she let me cut queue. Yes, THANKS SWEECHEN! Even though I don’t know you personally. But still. Biology was about going through the exam papers, which, I have to admit, I have not completed. But I paid attention in class. Well, kinda. I helped Juanita complete one of her newspaper articles. Because apparently, Juanita had handed in seventeen newspaper articles, but Mrs Ow said that she’d only found ten, so Juanita had to do ten more. And Mrs Ow actually requested for it to be “handed in by today, or you’ll get zero”. And the thing was, that Juanita had to do an essay as well as ten newspaper reviews. An essay. I would have argued my way to hand everything in tomorrow, or something, but not Juanita. Why? Because unlike me, Juanita is nice. And I thought it was ridiculous for Juanita to complete her newspaper articles and an essay when she has to go home and study, as everyone did. So I helped her with one. And Juanita was lamenting that she felt bad, but I thought that there was nothing to feel bad about. I still think so. And during Biology, I was bickering with Shihan whether a person could die by holding their breath. My point for it was: No, a person cannot die by holding their breath, because the stimulus for breathing is that there is too much carbon dioxide in the body, and the body has to get rid of this carbon dioxide. But Shihan’s stand was that: Yes, a person can die because there’s no oxygen. But unlike me, Shihan wasn’t thinking about the concentration of carbon dioxide in the body, and that we breathe because of this over-concentration, so the stimulus for breathing is the over concentration of carbon dioxide in our bodies. And unlike Shihan, I wasn’t thinking about the consequence of not taking in oxygen. And we debated rather hard about it, and I think Ms Li heard, because she stepped in to resolve the problem. Turns out that yes, people can die by holding their breath, but it is impossible to hold your breath and die, because we’re all humans and guess what? We all wanna live. So, okay, Shihan and I were complimenting each other, without knowing it. And after Biology, Guin scared Shihan and I by telling us that Mrs Leow was not gonna come in for Chemistry, so we had to wait for some other teacher. And we all pondered about the possibility of having 6 bloody periods of Physics in one day, so we freaked out. Physics was next, so I had to go walk around and get some damned energy back. And I walked to the washroom, where I saw Finalia and Wendy washing their faces. So the three of us smartly washed our faces and went for Physics. Mrs Low was going through the exam papers, which I do have to admit that I do have questionable doubts on the answers, but I shall question my own perceptions instead. Mrs Low assured us that we weren’t gonna have 6 periods of Physics, but 3 instead, because Mrs Leow wanted to borrow one of the English slots. So it wasn’t that droll. During Chemistry, I did Chemistry. So I wasn’t really listening, but I was attentively doing my own Chemistry work. And Mrs Leow was scolding Hyeon, who was sitting behind me, Guin, who was sitting beside me, and Shihan, who was sitting in front of me, for talking. And she addressed me, saying, “Michelle, these people talking in a triangle over you, don’t you feel irritated? Scold them.” And frankly speaking, I didn’t hear them talk. Or maybe I was concentrating too much on Chemistry to bother what the Triangle was saying. After Chemistry, Quek, Juanita and I went down to hand in our various stuffs to the teachers. I had to hand in the SPA corrections to Mrs Low, and I actually saw her coming up the Rotunda. So I asked her if she wanted me to hand it to her or in her pigeon-hole, so she said pigeon-hole, and I had to walk 4 floors down. The good thing was that I had Quekie and Juani to accompany me, so we walked down together. Juanita and Quekie had to call Ms Li for their biology SPA experiments. And while Juanita was talking to Ms Li, Quekie was talking to me about her SPA, and I was like, “OMG, I forgot that I have seven missing practicals!” Apparently, Ms Li heard it over the phone, and according to Juanita, she was laughing and she asked, “Who has seven missing practicals?” And Juanita said laughing into the phone, “Michelle.”, so I was abit worried for my mental health. And I was anxiously asking Juanita if Ms Li sounded pissed off, but Juanita said, “NO, she was laughing.” Still, crap. Quekie, Juanita and I decided to go sit on those stone steps and wait patiently for Ms Li to come out. I tried to look guai and not play about, and I actually attempted at sitting demurely. And when Ms Li came out, according to Juanita, she was laughing, but I didn’t really notice her laughing. And then she said damn loudly, "Michelle, where are your seven practicals?!” so I was under the impression that the whole of the Mini Forum actually heard that I had seven missing practicals. But that was fine, mainly because they weren’t many people in the Mini Forum anyway. And that was when Ms Li and I had a… heart-to-heart talk about the probability of the hiding places of my seven practicals. And I was trying to explain to her that I had handed in about 4 or 3 on Monday, and Ms Li said, “Yes, I know. Thanks for adding to that whole stack of experiments I suddenly have to mark.” And I attempted at emanating that hurt look again, but it didn’t work, because she was too busy laughing at me to actually heed what I was saying. And after that, she said, “So in your great wealth of knowledge, did you actually do your practicals?” So I replied, “I know I did the practicals, because Azima was busy scribbling next to me, and I was conscientiously doing the exercise along with her, with occasional, slight references to her paper.” And the Ms Li had to ask me, “So when everybody got their practical back, didn’t you wonder: Eh? Why haven’t I received my practical?” So I was actively thinking and I came up with, “Because I always have this notion that I don’t do my practicals.” And Ms Li just had to zoom in on the “do” part, and she said, “You said ‘do’ the practical. So was it the slip of the tongue?” And I said, “No, it is a misconception and an illusion, a perception, that I did not ‘do’ the practicals, but in actual real-life fact, I did.” And so she laughed again. So, yes the talk went on like that. Ms Li trying to find loopholes in my speech, and me trying to cover up those loopholes with netted wire, and all the time making her laugh and laugh and laugh. I wonder why I made her laugh so much. I was being serious. And very very very very honest too. Ms Li seemed like she was having a painful heart attack when she clutched her shirt with both hand and breathed in deeply and closed her eyes. And she was actually smiling when she did that, so Quek and I laughed super a lot at her. Ms Li is funny and entertaining. After Ms Li went back into the staffroom, I saw Azima, Rinaa and Dhashni – my biology lab group – all waiting outside to call Ms Li, because apparently, Dhashni had seven missing practicals as well! So I laughed like crap, and I think that was what drove Mr Keong to hurry into the staffroom without looking elsewhere, like he was worried for the mental health of Crescentians or something. Hahah. While waiting for Juanita to complete her Biology, Quek and I played games outside the staffroom. Ms Lin caught us in the middle of playing a game, but we were standing up and Juanita was kneeling on the floor, so Ms Lin was quite worried about Juanita’s health. And she said, “It seems like you two are supervising her work and she’s kneeling down doing her work,” Poor Juanita. Mr Choy caught Quek and I playing a game, which was to cross one legs over another and attempt to sit down cross-legged. It wasn’t easy, and in the end, we still couldn’t do it anyway. But Mr Choy didn’t say anything when he walked past, and he pretended that he couldn’t see us so Quekie and I didn’t say anything too, but we waited for him to go inside the staffroom before continuing. But yes, it was rather threatening when the teachers walked past and all and we were playing games. Quek and I were telling Dhashni about Ms Li and her stories and her funny actions and behaviour, and we were laughing our heads off. I was supposed to go home with Quekie, because she said that her mum would’ve offered to drop me off, but I felt mean, so I waited for the idiot Shihan to finish her Chinese essay and we could safely proceed home by bus. The plan half succeeded. Because once I was up in the bus, I checked my phone, and I saw an sms from my dad saying, “I’m at the school carpark now.” So I freaked out, naturally, and I called him. And I was at the Tudor Court or something then, and Shihan was like, “OMG, you left your dad back in Crescent and you’re on the bus now!?!” So I had to drop off at Shaw, and I felt bad for Shihan, because we initially planned to take the bus together, and now she had no company and was very very alone in this cold world. My dad had to go to the bus stop outside Shaw, and I felt quite dumb. I mean, I rode the bus from Crescent Girls' School to Shaw, and then I took a car back home?! Didn’t make sense to me. I studied and listened to Goodies. I realize that Ciara has extremely hot songs. I’m going to buy her album. ___________________________________________________________________ Thursday: 27/09/07 I was really late. And I saw Mr Joseph Tham and Mrs Rebekah Yeoh standing outside the General Office with a whole bunch of councilors, so I was rather worried. And Mrs Yeoh somehow recognized me even though she never taught me and she was like Hi! HAHAH, I like Mrs Yeoh, she’s so nice. The Umbrella Service that the councilors have is sad. Not the pathetic kind of sad, but the Ouch!-Please-Don’t-Torture-Yourselves kinda sad. I was pitying them, really. But I felt that it would be rather weird to stop by and offer to pick up the councilors to go into school, because that would just be plain weird, since the councilors walking up and down the slope were Sec 2s and 1s, meaning – I don’t know them. But the ones comfortably placed at the foyer were Sec 3s, and those, oh, lets just say I’ve had frequent contact with them. Chinese was somewhat fine. Mdm Lim went through the formats and the whatnots, and I was trying my best to make my work perfect, so I was the slowest one in the class. And Mdm Lim patted me on my back and told me to hurry up. In the end, the short introduction that I wrote scored 14 / 20. Hurh. Doesn’t mean that I would’ve done better if I wasn’t rushed. I just plain didn’t have the spirit to write. And that’s why I tell people: My languages stink, and they don’t believe me. They say, “Your Chinese sucks, but your English is fine.” Very funny. I’ve had this serious Attitude Problem about writing, and that is, if I don’t feel like writing or doing anything, and yet I’m forced to do it, guess what? I would not write to the expected standard. Which will piss me off dreadfully, because I could have done worse or better if I had the mood to write. PE was in the classroom. We did sit-ups on the chairs and push-ups on 3 tables. And the trick was how to balance ourselves on the 3 tables. And then we had to train arm power as well, and we ran around the corridor, every single one of the 42 of us, carrying our desks and running back and forth the corridor. And the good thing was that my locker was empty, but Shihan had to run with her books spilling all over and her desk cover was bouncing up and down. No, that wasn’t true, that was me imagining things. PE was in the classroom. It was raining, and the class was wondering if there would be PE. In the end, Mdm Loh came up to 3C3, and we had trouble greeting her. And she let us do our own work, so I was pretty happy with that arrangement. I started out doing E-Math with Guin. And then Guin and I were doing different papers, she was doing the 2006 paper, and I was doing the 2002 paper. So I changed. And then we both got stuck. Then we got pissed and did A-Math instead. Which was a pleasant surprise. And guess what? We got stuck at A-Math again. Which goes to show that either: a) Crescent sets tough math papers. b) Guin and I both suck at math. c) The phrasing of the questions was freakingly complicated. I have a very strong feeling that its all three. Recess was short an uneventful. Except that we had to wait a bloody long time for nuggets, and I was getting all jittery. And Adee suggested telling Ms Lin, “Ms Lin, sorry we’re late, we were waiting for nuggets.” I did math during math. And Shihan said, “Good girl, you know how to do math during math, and not do A-Math during math.” Chemistry was okay. I did chemistry during chemistry. So technically speaking, I wasn’t paying much attention to Mrs Leow. And guess what? Hyeon was talking to Wendy, and I just so happened to turn back when Mrs Leow turned HER back too, and she misinterpreted it as me talking to both Hyeon and Wendy. And Mrs Leow commented, “Michelle, if your father comes and sees me again, I will…” she paused and thought for a while, “take a photo of you talking to your friend and show him!” A-Math was quite alright. Mr Choy refused to give me back my test paper, and he waited until he had given off the last paper before returning mine, so I was standing in front of the class like an idiot. We got back our A-Math test, and the score was rather surprising. And Shihan looked quite worried when she asked me, “What grade?” and I said “21.” Then Shihan screamed at me and was like, “You ass, you get 21 and you give me that face?!” I was, surprisingly, in the top 12. How amusing. Mr Choy actually made a compilation of the scores in the Hall of Fame standards, which totally threw me off. Because it reminded me of how Mr Keong used to operate by: Creating a Hall of Fame so that everyone in class could see how fantastic those students had been, and those students would bask in their one second’s worth of embarrassment. Only thing was that Mr Keong’s Hall of Fame was often in a powerpoint slide. And I remember that because Rachel wanted Mr Keong to send her the powerpoint slides just because her name was there. And I was trying to piss her off by telling her that I’ve gotten so used to seeing my name appear and all of that crap. But it didn’t work, because she probably thought I was acting ego. But frankly, I think I permanently occupied the 10th place in the Hall of Fame. No, actually I don’t remember. Math in Sec 2 was funny. Mainly because Mr Keong always did his weird hand gestures, and the whole of 2S2 would look at one another’s expressions and laugh. And also because Mr Keong made blunders in his speech, which the class found funny. And, oh, so did he. Although we reacted faster than Mr Keong did. And he tried to cover up his tracks, which made it funnier. Ah, the beloved Sec 2 days. I realise how much I miss and love my teachers so. :( Geography, I felt, was quite challenging. Or maybe it was because I feel very threatened sitting in front of the teacher. Ms Tan was asking me, “Michelle, have you started to study?” And I replied, “Yes, I think so, somewhat.” Her reply was, “Well, it shows.” It shows. Having not studied for the Biology test thoroughly, it wasn’t surprising to find that I failed. I don’t have that brain for that, I just don’t. I’m sorry, but I can’t think, for the life of me. My logic is 100% warped, and my knowledge of things is a 100 percent zero. Well, yes, I’m sorry for being dumb and failing and all that. Studying was starting to demoralize the hell out of me, and my parents actually came home at 10, saying, “God, I’m so tired dancing.” And I think to myself – I studied since 4, and you’re telling me you’re tired physically?! I’m tired, tired, tired, mentally, physically and anywhere else. And I’m not gonna complaining about my sad little life, because I’m constrained to this sad little life. And they turn around and question me, “Did you study?” I’m tired of replying that question. A few more days to exams, and “am I studying”?! Why, no, of course not. Especially since the exams are really round the corner. No, I still have about 3 days to cover 8 subjects, I’m cool. ___________________________________________________________________ Friday: 28/09/07 Well, A-Maths was. It was A-Math. Mr Choy went through revision for everything. Mostly trigo. And I paid attention. And I realised that I can learn better if Mr Choy just speaks in the background, and I go evaluate his method on my own, with prior knowledge, of course. Mr Choy's method is frankly good. Just that its too long! But it very methodical, and if like, you're able to do it fast enough with his method, you're definitely getting it right. So its a little, ohwells. Seems like to score A1 in A-Math requires a whole lot of effort which I might not actually be willing to put in. Mr Choy ate into Mrs Low's time. Mainly because the bell broke again. And Mrs Low was so funny when she recounted what happened. "Mr Choy ah, ate into my time, and he went to ask me 'What?' " HAHAH, I love Mrs Low. And we addressed her pregnancy during Physics. "Oh, its you all is it?! Spreading rumours that I'm pregnant. Its not like I have nothing better to do than to get pregnant right?!" I'm so gonna miss her when she's gone. I will. Even though I didn't do my Physics workbook a billion times, and I didn't score well enough for Physics and all. I'm gonna miss hearing about her daughter. Recess was quite upsetting, because we were all recounting how upset we would be when Mrs Low leaves Crescent. I seriously wonder why Mrs Low's husband had got to go overseas. And she has to follow. I'm upset. Why why why why why!? I want Mrs Low back. Hahah, I'm spolit. During recess, we discussed another social problem. Air conditioners. Cherlyn was arguing with Vanessa about her air conditioner, and I was listening in. Weird people. Weird universal remote control. During CME, Hyeon and I played truant. Why? Because the Ms Low wasn't in class, she was in the Champions Seminar. And we were just going to the library to study. And we didn't know that Mrs Lau was coming in to take over the class, so we absconded to the library to study. We got called back by Quekie after 45 minutes. During English, Hyeon and I escaped again. And this time, the whole class followed. So it was a major thing. Mrs Ow actually brought everyone to the library, so it was okay. Except that Hyeon and I arrived first before anyone else. Hyeon became the unofficial English rep, because Vanessa was at Champions Seminar. And I was laughing at her and calling her teacher's pet, and she was about to murder me. And we talked about getting hip-hop classes during the holidays. Apparently, she learnt waltz before. I learnt the basic steps. And we're both after waltz and salsa! Or maybe its just me. Still. Its cool. During Lunch, Cherlyn and I did magic in the school canteen. I have the ability to make the fans in the canteen spin - because they were on, and Cherlyn has the ability to make the hanging television in the canteen - hang there. I also have the ability to pull the uncle who comes around to clear the plates - because he was walking towards our table, but not looking at us, so I could do that and not get embarrassed, and Cherlyn has the ability to light the lights in the canteen - which weren't lighted anyway. Fun. Vanessa was laughing at crap at my ability to pull the uncle, bloody hell. YOU DO IT, VANESSA. Its not that easy, you know. Takes alot of strength, courage and mental ability, of which you have none of the above. Hahah. E-Math consultation was fine. It wasn't even a consultation. It was Ms Lin coming up to 3C3 to see who had troubles, and she solved them. She was helping me solve a number pattern question, and I somehow called her mummy. And she called me girl girl. So it was a little.. scary. Cherlyn the smart ass had to put her mouth in and say, "Wow, Ms Lin, you married a Teo." Bloody idiot. ___________________________________________________________________ Typing typing typing away. Tough. But still. Memories. Don't last forever, do they?___________________________________________________________________ 風含情水含笑, 喜迎人一對。 Its there for a reason. ___________________________________________________________________
|
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |