|
Monday, 5 November 2007 Y 16:20 A man was in a bad accident and was injured. But the only permanent damage he suffered was the loss of both ears, which made him very self-conscious. However, he received a large sum of money from his insurance company. It was always his dream to own his own business, so he went out and purchased a small, but expanding computer firm. But he realized that he had no business knowledge at all, so he decided that he would have to hire someone to run the business. He picked out three top candidates, and interviewed each of them. The last question of the interview was always the same. "Do you notice anything unusual about me?" he asked the first candidate. "Yes. You have no ears." He quickly eliminated the first candidate. "Do you notice anything unusual about me?" he asked the second candidate. "Yes. You have no ears." He quickly eliminated the second candidate. "Do you notice anything unusual about me?" he asked the third candidate. "Yes. You're wearing contacts." Thinking he had found the man for the job he said, "That's correct. How did you know?" "You can't wear glasses if you don't have any freakin' ears." ___________________________________________________________________ Sylvia is irritating me so much. On Friday after our performance at VS, she was asking me - interrogating, really - on whom I talked to, who was around, what happened - EVERYTHING. And so, it just had to happen. "So, how many people did you give your number to?" "SYLVIA. I wouldn't do that." "What about your email?" "SYLVIA. I wouldn't do that." "Well, you were the one moaning about getting drunk and all." "Uh, yeah, getting drunk doesn't exactly equal sharing personal information with anyone, I'd just like to confirm." "Michelle, I know exactly what you mean when you say that you got drunk. "Honey, you are so mistaken." "I've been in occasions when you were drunk." "You forget - I don't drink." "When you said you were drunk." "When I say I'm drunk, it just means that I said something wrong or stupid." "It does?" "SYLVIA." "You're lying." "I think you're right, Sylvia. Especially since I've been living with myself for 15 years, I find that I don't know myself." "Oh, alright then." "Thank you." "So, did you see any cute guys?" My dear cousin, ever flirtatious. Go get a boyfriend, Sylvia! And then again, I wouldn't like to fuss that poor guy. Okay, go entertain Clarence's junior, Sylvia. He'll welcome you. Very much. ___________________________________________________________________ I'm still very caught up with the VS play. And that's because I keep on reading news about the VS play. Azalea, who had asked her friend for feedback, came back with the news: "He said all his friends said that the Crescent girls were damn hot." So I'm currently like - UHH... I think its supposed to be good..? And I shall ask Zheng Xian - whether or not he actually knew that I was performing - later on how was our response. It seemed fairly good, generally. But I'm still rather tentative about it. If we're preparing for Drama Nite, I think its utterly essential that we know how people feel when we put up stuff like that. I mean, ELDDS has always rocked the house down, and we certainly had a rather flatteringly responsive crowd this time round, even though we finalised the play only in 2 days before the event itself. I'M BOASTING, BUT ITS PERFECTLY ALRIGHT. And Sam, I never realised that she was crushing on the emcee. No, honestly. Don't pretend to lie or shun away from this, Samantha Low! I have evidencial proof! Uh, that just means that I have evidence to prove my point. Look at what you wrote, darling. "then when we practiced, and then we were about to go off, this guy waved at me. honestly, i dont think i know him, so i did not react. then i heard someone call me. so i turned, and it was that guy again. he waved again. so i waved back, thinking, 'oh heck, just smile and wave to the guy.' (it was dark so i could see nothing.) he looked familiar though. he was the EMCEE. he looked kinda cute." EXACTLY word for word. Honey - you're crushing on the emcee. I can't believe it. I'm in a state of utmost shock and panic, I might have an elliptic fit soon. How utterly horrifying! And you were the one who said that you didn't like the "cute and rude" Rodney person. HAHAH, so I now know: Samantha doesn't like AVA people. She prefers emcees. Or, uh, hosts. And then again, uhm, no, I don't know. And while dissing Samantha Low, its fantastically horrifying to find that there were little snippets of the highly embarrasing warm-ups that we had. "i tell you, i am now in a state of shock by Vanu, Kimmy, and Mich. they were, how should i put it, uhm, they could be very good clubbers.and pole dancers. (pillar ones too. ;D eh mich?)" Honestly. "They could be very good clubbers"!? Samantha Low. I will never ever forget that you actually took a video of Varuni and Kim dancing, and I told you to "go after hot guys instead of hot girls". Seriously, seriously, seriously. ___________________________________________________________________ Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Well, it was an entire shame that I had to miss the ELDDS Halloween party to go for this. Which reminds me, can anyone tell me about the party itself? ANYWAY, ANYWAY. I seriously loved the musical. Props wise were fantastic - because they've got the capital to do that, unlike CGS ELDDS, but that doesn't matter. Plot wise was great. It was quite interesting to see the complications and everything, but it did fully occupy my 3 hours sitting there in the Esplanade theatre. And just in case anyone doesn't really know the plot of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, its about a car. No, not just any shitty car, but about a flying car. Yes, it may seem like an Enid Blyton story tale, but - let's face it - its highly British, so you can't possibly get away from the children and toys and all, can you? ![]() And that's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The wonderful fantastic car. And of course, as always, I had a favourite character. And he was an utterly brilliant character, although I couldn't really hear him sing, but he was great. ![]() The Child Catcher. An avid anti-child supporter, and I loved the first entrance that he had. NO, it was really really fantastic. And unlike so many situations that can be so very easily put in words, this was one that couldn't be put in words. Or rather, because my grasp of the English language is far too superficial to properly describe the fantastic way he was brought out, his characterisation, his costume and voice and actions. Horribly fascinating. I hope I can meet someone who can act supremely well next time. ___________________________________________________________________ Musical Evening, 27 November. No, I'm not promoting band for you, so don't get too happy and carried away, darling Michellina. I am now on the brink of dissing the entire Crescentian band for calling their - solo - performance a "Musical Evening". No, honestly. They've totally changed the word "Musical". Musical basically means a performance of song, dance, music, and drama. Not plain band music alone! And for Crescent's Muscial Evening? Well - its an entire Band-it affair. HELLO!? It says "Musical Evening". I would say, that the best solution, is to change the name of the event. No, really. Its totally ruining the meaning of the word "Musical". Its not as though in "The Sound of Music" that people actually only listen to the music itself. Its the plot, the drama, the unfolding and telling of life. Call it ABC - A Band Concerto - or something. HONESTLY. Which is another reason why I respect VS alot, simply because they have an event for "Evening of Music and Drama". WELL. The band has a soloist event, and the drama has a soloist event - uh, next year - and the dance constantly appears to irk the eyes out of the other performing arts. And if band ever has any collaboration - its the dance we go! Not that I have a need to complain. I don't. At all. ___________________________________________________________________ While thinking about things last night, I came across the topic of Broadway. I need someone to make a future appointment with me to go watch Broadway. And someone has to go to Dubai with me. HONESTLY. Future plans, anyone? Well, I have an appointment to go to Europe with Valerie - Germany and Italy - and stuffs. And now I need people to travel with me, hahah. Future travel buddies, yay. It'll be fun. I think. ___________________________________________________________________ Mira and I were releasing our inner Indian today. What with Deepavali coming up and all, Mira and I are definitely catching up on the festive mood. I've been like that since 30th October. A little overwhelming, but oh, it had to happen. Its gonna be Deepavali soon! ___________________________________________________________________ Avril Lavigne was named best solo artist and her song, Girlfriend, was voted the most addictive track. Apparently. That's what I heard. ![]() ___________________________________________________________________ And did I say that I don't like the new Spice Girl's track? The "Friendship never ends" thing. No, I don't like it. 9 years of not singing has mellowed them. Its odd. And scary. And absolutely horrifying. ___________________________________________________________________ And I don't like Amy Winehouse either. She's horrible. Not because of her rehab incident - no, not even partly - but I really find her disgusting. ![]() Anyone - really, anyone - who can look at this and say,"Woah, she's hot," could qualify for the World's Greatest Liars competition. Yeah. And they could probably even WIN the damn thing itself. ___________________________________________________________________ JAPAN - a new phenomenon, honestly. I have no idea who this 29 year-old designer's kidding. Note the transformation: ![]() And then this: ![]() Hence the final result: ![]() "Though street crime is relatively low in Japan, quirky camouflage designs like this vending-machine dress are being offered to an increasingly anxious public to hide from would-be assailants." And of course, when you're being pursued by a robber, get this: ![]() So when poor little Michelle's walking down the street and she sees someone trying to rob her, she can run to a corner, dress herself up as a vending machine, or throw her purse under a manhole, so that the stupid robber doesn't see her - nor the wallet! Its extremely useful, because some people along the street might want to stop by and get a coke. And since its a bogus machine, you won't really have to provide a drink. And you can steal their money. And when people find that they don't get their drink, they don't kick or slap the machine, they merely walk away, so there's no physical damage, or so to speak of. And then, a car could come along and run past the manhole, but its okay, at least your wallet is perfectly safe. At least its not stolen, just run over. People are amazing. But I'll definitely buy the vending machine costume. Its cool. And good for Halloween. ___________________________________________________________________ A-Math today was super fun. I find that even without coming for that lesson, I could try to do the work. Albeit the fact that I took a long time, and that some of it was totally wrong. Still. I think I have a better grasp of Linear Law now. AND, during A-Math, we were faking our identities. The initial plan was that Hyeon and I would switch names, but we didn't. Hyeon said her real name, and so I said that my name was "Shauntae". And the whole class was laughing mad, and Ms Chua was rather solemn, probably because she didn't hear what I said. And the second time I repeated, I said "Michelle" instead. It was quite upsetting to find that she knew Lava's name, because we wanted to say that her name was "Magma". And Mira became "Megan". Sabrina was named "Sally", much to her objection. But Ms Chua found out in the end. Finalia's name was "Fish", and Lynnette managed to convincingly lie that her name was "Li-Na", which is her chinese name. Yes, we managed to laugh alot. And Ms Chua still thinks that Mira's "Megan", and that Lynnette's "Li-Na". Crap, should have called myself "Shauntae". Really. ___________________________________________________________________ ![]() The Search for the next Pussycat Doll. None of them can replace Nicole Scherzinger. But it doesn't matter, does it? ___________________________________________________________________ |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |