|
Tuesday, 6 November 2007 Y 11:24 One evening, a family brings their frail, elderly mother to a nursing home and leaves her, hoping she will be well cared for. The next morning, the nurses bathe her, feed her a tasty breakfast, and set her in a chair at a window overlooking a lovely flower garden. She seems okay but after a while she slowly starts to lean over sideways in her chair. Two attentive nurses immediately rush up to catch her and straighten her up. Again, she seems okay but after a while she starts to tilt to the other side. The nurses rush back and once more bring her back upright. This goes on all morning. Later, the family arrives to see how the old woman is adjusting to her new home. "So Ma, how is it here? Are they treating you all right?" they ask. "It's pretty nice," she replies. "Except they won't let you fart." ___________________________________________________________________ Cruising around my Primary school website yesterday, I realised that they had a little section dedicated to writing done by the little Primary school kids. I have to say that I am extremely upset that none of what I've written before was up. HAHAH, I'm onto another ego boost. But really. Maybe its beause that they're in Primary school and - hey - I graduated from that 3 years ago! And yes - for entertainment purposes, I shall upload someone's essay. Read it if you're interested in the title: "My Adventure with Hermoine, Aslan and BFG. “Yawn! When is this lesson going to end?” I grumbled. I was getting tired and sleepy in the hot and stuffy classroom when suddenly, I felt dizzy and saw the whole classroom spinning around me. When I blinked my eyes, I was a lion, a girl about twelve years old and a tall big giant looking down at me. I realised that they were no ordinary beings! They were characters from my favourite storybooks – “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”, “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe” and “The BFG”. I kept rubbing my eyes, wondering whether I was dreaming. Everyone was quiet for a long time when Aslan, the lion, broke the silence, asking, “Who are you, little girl?” I gathered up enough courage and answered, “I am Clarissa and your names are Aslan, Hermoine Granger and the Big Friendly Giant.” “Oh yes, we are!” they nodded. “We are lost or should we say that the White Witch put a spell on us and made us lost. My wand disappeared, so we cannot do anything,” Hermoine explained. “You have got to help us!” BFG pleaded. “But, why me?” I asked and they told me everything that had happened from the beginning to the end. As you can see, I was the only one who could protect them from danger. Puzzled, I asked, “How?” They pointed at my T- shaped pendant with a diamond. They claimed that my ‘diamond-crusted knife’ had some magical power capable of wonders! Finding it impossible to resist the thought of becoming a heroine more famous than these characters, I … agreed. Quickly, they used all their power to teleport me out of my classroom to their own stories and tales which was their home. After a while, we realised that we were lost. The Lion bellowed, “I know it. The White Witch was trying to mislead us. We really must return home before the next sunrise or we will disappear forever. “Now, we really got to rush!” I exclaimed. Suddenly, the White Witch’s laughter echoed through the air. “HAHA! You fool! You can’t go anywhere!” The sand rose and spun around us and before we knew it, we found ourselves in an icy freezing place, the White Witch’s palace. “Welcome to my palace, my friends,” she thundered. The White Witch raised her hand and a streak of lightning pierced through BFG and Aslan. They both fell onto the ground and fresh red blood was gushing out of their chests. Filled with rage, Hermoine fought with the witch but lost and fell injured and in pain. I was the only one left standing. “Ahh! Just a helpless wimp standing there, doing nothing. What a useless friend they have!” the White Witch taunted. My blood boiled and I charged towards her, yelling, “Don’t you dare call me useless!” The White Witch tried to defend herself but lost her balance and fell on me, fainted! I pushed her away and realized that she had been poked by my pendant, the diamond crusted knife! Immediately, I helped Aslan, Hermoine and the BFG. Together, we brought the White Witch to the Ministry of Tales and Stories and let them deal with her. We later found out that my knife was the compass for them to find their way home. Light would just penetrate through the diamond and cast a light beam! Reluctantly, we bid each other farewell. “Clarissa Ho, wake up! Wake up!” my teacher commanded. I realised that everything that happened to me was merely a dream until I realized my pendant … gone! " Well, that girl seems to be a real fan of Harry Potter. She spelt "Hermione" wrongly. And I realised that my imagination has diminished greatly after Primary school. But I guess its a good thing to not have such an active imagination. Imagine what would have happened if I still had that level of imagination. HMM. And then, I'll end up losing the 5 buck bet with Clarence. UHHUH. ![]() I see two very familiar people, Hyeon. One's in brown, and another's out right front center. MCS - Marymount Convent School; Motivate, Create, Share. Same thing as MCS - Michelle Creates Shit; Michelle Cum Shauntae. Back there and again. ___________________________________________________________________ SHIHAN - remember the Joost that we were lusting over in the first part of the year? Guess who's got a subcription!! And honey - you're gonna kill me, cos they got them Fashion TV. UHHUH UHHUH. ___________________________________________________________________ ![]() GOTTA JOOST NOW, TATA HONEY HOTTS! ___________________________________________________________________ |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |