Friday, 23 November 2007 Y 14:59

You Should Be a Politician

Confident, assertive, and dedicated - you know what you want in life and how to get it.
Stubborn and opinionated, you can stand your ground... even if it's unpopular.
And while you have strong views, you never overwhelm people with your opinions.
A true charmer, you subtly influence people into seeing things your way.

You do best when you:

- Work according to your own rules
- Can change the world with what you do

You would also be a good lawyer or talk show host.

___________________________________________________________________

Slight change to the profile of yours faithfully, in case you people didn't notice. Fresh change, probably, but a little offensive, no? Feel free to lodge a complain at the scoreboard below. Scores will be collated to give the top runners in tomorrow's Score Sheet.

And yes, since we're all in this football thingum, Welcome to the club. I have not named it yet - but I sure will. Someday.

As you can presumably notice - Hyeon and Juanita are both off the Other Players list, because we have ceased to become friends. No - that's not true. Wait - yes it is true. Because Hyeon and Juanita are flying to the blessed land of Deutschland on Sunday, and that's not fair!

I hope I caught some people on that little cheap prank back there. But I don't think I did.
___________________________________________________________________

Thanksgiving was yesterday, and I'm so sorry I didn't blog about it. So here goes:

I thank everyone I've ever known for making me the person I am.

UH. I don't like what I just said. Let me think. I'll think later.
___________________________________________________________________

Gosh - look at this piece of news:

"Authorities in Brazil are investigating reports that a 15-year-old girl was left in a police cell with 20 men for a month and repeatedly sexually abused."

I don't know how you feel about it, but I find it preposterously atrocious. Its an outrage! Its a scandal! And read on:

"According to reports in the Brazilian media, the number of men in the cell with the teenage girl varied from between 20 to more than 30."

Honestly, I can't believe it. How can anyone actually do that?

"Human rights groups have claimed that she was raped relentlessly and forced to have sex in order to obtain food."

I don't expect I'll ever understand why people actually do this - because I'll never rape a girl. For fantastically obvious reasons.
___________________________________________________________________

And - as told by the great BBC:

"Film role prize for Potter fans

Fans of Harry Potter are being offered the chance to win a walk-on part in the teenage wizard's next film. The winner of a competition run by MSN will appear in forthcoming blockbuster Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, which is due for release next year.

Questions about JK Rowling's best- selling book will be posted on the MSN website every week until 20 December.

MSN's Mike Lok said: "We're so excited about being able to offer this amazing prize to one Harry Potter fan."

"Needless to say, we expect this to be a highly contested competition," he added.

The contest is open to the site's UK users.

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince is the sixth instalment in Rowling's hugely popular series.

Daniel Radcliffe will star once again as the schoolboy wizard, alongside Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, who play Hermione and Ron.

The film is due for release in November 2008."


Hey, Warner Brothers? Do you take Singaporeans into account?
___________________________________________________________________

And while I'm all Harry, here's Harry Potter 1 - 6 in a 100 words:

BOOK ONE:
Harry: :D
BOOK TWO:
Harry: :)
BOOK THREE:
Harry: :
BOOK FOUR:
Harry: :/
BOOK FIVE:
Harry: :(
BOOK SIX:
Harry: :'
___________________________________________________________________

I think getting Jessica Alba to film for the Tiger Beer advertisements is so working. Why? Because of this:

"Guinness is one of Britain's best loved brands, yet sales of the famous black stout have been falling year after year both in the UK and Ireland."

Hell yeah. Go Jessica Alba, go!



Tiger Beer. The best beer in the world.

Sorry, I don't drink. :)
___________________________________________________________________

Shall blog more later on. Probably. In the meantime - have fun with your beer.
___________________________________________________________________