|
Friday, 28 December 2007 Y 13:02 Lets begin the start of this increasingly difficult post with a.. Personal experience? To start with, my initial plan yesterday was to watch Love Actually, and try to get into one of my most romantic moods ever. The plan didn't take off in the end, mainly because when I switched on the TV, it turned to Channel Newsasia, because that was where my dad apparently, left it at. And there was a report on Channel Newsasia on some suicide thing, and the first thing that came to mind was "What happened?" And a small subtitle at the bottom of the TV screen said "Latest news: Suicide bombing led to 15 deaths." And well, I thought that it was quite upsetting to be in a place where a suicide bombing actually took place, and I was feeling quite upset for the family members of the people who had died due to the suicide bombing. And then the subtitle changed to "Latest news: Bhutto killed after suicide bombing during election rally." And so I was like - What?! And that was when my mum in the other room, screamed "OHMYGOD, Benazir Bhutto's dead!" Well, I'm definitely not in a favourable position to comment anything about this incident, simply because the world is full of big roles, and tiny roles that some people of the world have to play simply become insignificant. Quite obviously, I happen to be playing one of the insignificant roles currently. I don't know in what position I am to say this, but I am absolutely overwhelmed by this incident. I am in no position to comment about this world that we're living in, because I absolutely do not understand what's going on. I cannot understand why it happened, because I did not read up on the conflict. But I do think that its very upsetting that a very strong woman like Bhutto was actually assasinated, and I simply do not know what is going on with this world these days. I mean - look at her family. Her dad died of politics, because he was charged of a murder. Her brother was shot also because of politics. Her other brother was also involved in politcs, and he was found dead in his own apartment. And this last living lady of the family was shot in the chest and neck yesterday. Well, I don't know. This world seems so superficial on the surface. I don't understand how we can hanker after a peaceful life, tell everyone to make peace, not war, and yet keep up with these killings and everything. How can you condemn someone who wants to say what they feel? How can you silence someone who is driven by sole passion to change the bad, and turn it into good? I simply don't understand. Can you imagine her strength in character? Her whole family died of politics, and she returned to politics, hoping to change and make everything better. And she's a woman. How many women dare to meddle with politics? Women are always considered the weaker sex, but look at this woman. Her history has been stained with the blood of politics, and she's still out there, fighting for what she believes in. ![]() Well, she's not fighting now. ___________________________________________________________________ Sometimes I wonder why the world is so petty-minded as it is nowadays. Probably because we have a brain? Man learns through experiences recorded by the brain. Man refers to our experiences in the brain. Man decides and acts according to memories of the brain. So does the presence of our brain bring forth our schemes? Maybe. Maybe. I'll never find out, unless I wear a white lab coat and do all the calculations with chalk on a blackboard, and a whole group of special people called Scientists sit behind me, drinking in every word I say, and trying to make sense of it all. And alas, by any chance, you might be able to find me in the papers tomorrow, recieving a Nobel Peace Prize. And I'll be the only Singaporean in the 40-odd years to recieve a Nobel prize. And next year, which is coming in a few days, I'll fail O's, and everyone's gonna wonder what on earth happened back there. As if. ___________________________________________________________________ I am currently wondering if this is the last blog post I'll ever write in this year, because I realised to my shocking amazement that I actually have an extensive programme list for the coming days, until 31st December. For example, tomorrow, on the 29th of December, I have to sacrifice my whole day to celebrate a birthday party which my cousin is going to have over at my house. On the 30th of December, I am going to the Singapore Indoor Stadium to watch Maria Sharapova play tennis, because I absolutely love watching Maria Sharapova play. Right after that, I'm going to get hell, because my very kind mother would love to drag me off to do some stuff with her, that will leave her very satisfied, and me very tired and often bored. On the 31st of December, I am going for the End Year lunch, before rushing home to get tortured by my dear mother - again - and prepare for a Masquerade party at night, where I will get to happily sit there and get questioned by many a kindly folk, who would definitely raise some questions that I would have to answer very politely. This interview would most certainly last from 7pm till 1am, which is going to leave me very breathless. Its just occurred to me that I might need some substantial amount of sleep. ___________________________________________________________________ Oh, by the way, even though its an absolute time-waster, Jessica Simpson's new movie, Blond Ambition is available online. I was eating lunch at 3 and watching it at the same time, and I realised that it is highly - not worth it. But still. If you want to. I shall lift the below information directly from Wikipedia, so you can judge whether you want to watch Jessica Simpson in action or not. "Blonde Ambition averaged $48 per screen on December 22, 2007 for a total box office of $384. This meant, based on an $8 ticket price, that only 6 people paid to see the movie at each of those eight theatres and only 48 people went to see the movie." Jessica Simpson was a great success. ___________________________________________________________________ Oh, and by the way, did you know that Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey had 4 bloody seasons of the Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica series? I mean - 4 seasons?! Bloody crap. By the end of the 4th season, Nick and Jessica won't even be "Newlyweds" anymore. Stupid. Chicken of the sea. ___________________________________________________________________ And how pissed off am I because Manchester United won Arsenal by 1 point?! VERY. I am so pissed off. ![]() One point, Arsenal! You can totally kick ass and get on par with Manchester United, and kick ass again, and then WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!! ___________________________________________________________________ And since I'm feeling rather pro-women today, I shall post an amazing video, all of women. Its really quite amazing seeing how different woman can look so much like one another. It is really very interesting. Women on film Almost as complex as finding a similarity between Michellina and I, other than the "Michell" in the first part of our names. I happen to be quite the opposite of Michellina. ___________________________________________________________________ Has anyone seen the new Ribena advertisement on TV? The lemon+Ribena one? I watched it when I wanted to watch The Ellen Degeneres show. The one where the lemon gets sour - pun unintended - after seeing 2 couples get together, and the poor lemon is alone and oh so sad, so she goes by the river and throws a stone to vent her frustrations, but the path which the stone takes accidentally bounces against another stone, and Ms Lemon looks up to find - OMG, ITS MR RIBENA WHO THREW THAT STONE - so Ms Lemon thinks that Mr Ribena also has another name - called Mr Right - so proves the theory of love at first sight, so they run across the water and according to a certain mathematical rule proved by a mathematician that this blog's author does not know about, negative and negative equals positive, so Ribena Lemon is good and sweet and positive? And because I'm horrible at explaning what I mean, I decided to Youtube the advertisement. And that's when I found this: A self-made Ribena Advertisement (needs a good sound check) How retarded. ___________________________________________________________________ Speaking of advertisements, has anyone watched the Clear shampoo advertisement where it starred Rain in English? I watched it twice in the cinemas, once during The Golden Compass, and another time during Enchanted. It hsa always left me laughing. And guess what? After 2 times of watching that advertisement, I can actually remember exactly what it says. "I like Black." "Black is cool." "Cool means no dandruff." "Clear, means no dandruff." "I trust Clear." "Dandruff never comes back." And a long pause, before: "My name is Rain." HAHAH! I don't even know what's so funny about the entire thing, but its just so funny! I don't even know why it makes me laugh, it just does! Its like an A-Math class, there's nothing funny about cubic equations, but I just keep laughing during the whole thing! And that makes Shihan laugh - or Guin if she's sitting nearby - and makes Choo turn around, looking irritated, and that makes me laugh even more, and that's exactly when Mr Choy steps in, and says, "Michelle, stop acting crazy." ___________________________________________________________________ Did I mention that Keri Hilson actually wrote Gimme More for Britney Spears? I think its so amazing. GIMME GIMME MORE GIMME MORE GIMME GIMME MORE! I so totally remember when I sang it with Sabrina and Jiali - and we got out of tune. ___________________________________________________________________ |
dearest Anonymous whisper ESCAPADES S22K05/06 Abercrombie and Fitch Adidas Aditi Agnes Amanda Quek Aricia Azalea Britney Spears Britney Spears - Believe Bryan Celestine Christina Clarence Christian Audigier ELDDS - '07 ELDDS - '08 Ellen DeGeneres Elizabeth Emily Osment Entertainment Tonight Faith Free Rice Glam Media Guin HFC Hyeon Iman Jamie Jerene Jeannel Jiali Jin Wei Joint with Rachel Juanita Kailin Kamalia Kenneth Chua Kenneth Surajat Kim Kardashian Linda Manasa Mango Melissa Reyes Michelle Quek Michellina Nike Ms Pandora Padmini and Nikki Perez Hilton Priscilla Puma Pussycat Dolls Rachel Chng Rachel Lee Rachael Rachael Ray Sangeeta Shihan Stuart Weitzman Sophie Teresa The Superficial Tinaes TMZ Topshop Valerie Vanessa Lim Vanessa Tan Victoria's Secret Weilin Woon Yeow Xiner Xingying Yanlin Yian Ying Jun applause basecodes by: detonatedlove/?s} designer: melted!e Pictures by DancingSheep |