Monday, 18 April 2011 Y 23:50





So - the Royal Wedding has spurned a million songs about love and marriage, and its really starting to annoy me. Along with other things that can keep me up at night until 3 am.


Ah, sweet epiphany.

I finally found layer after layer of plot, character, artistic direction and movie magic technology, the very basis of manga.

Manga is 2D porn.

I should have known it earlier, all the hints that Bryan Koh was dropping.

Plus all guys in manga usually only have one eye.


Uni applications have been (un)eventful.
Actually I'm not sure.

I once thought that applying for uni was bloody murder.
Now I know that the waiting is bloodier.


Conversation with Daniel and Catherine on Saturday was awesome.
Catching up on life and telling me why I shouldn't grow up.
Compliments are fun and shit, but everyone's got a motive.
Plus a damn ridiculous interview.

Man, I miss those people.

But man, I miss my Arch Rival the most.


And to end it off, here is a story (which I believe was once an Indian fable), dedicated to some people I know -

Once upon a time, there was a hill, which sloped down to a river, and beside the river was a tree. Upon the tree lived a blind eagle who had seven young chicks. Since the blind eagle had been spurned by the other eagles in her flock, she swore to protect her eaglets the best way she could, and she was certain she could do it alone, without their help. The resourceful eagle used her sense of smell, her sense of touch, her sense of taste, and her sense of sound to help navigate her way around, and with her sharp beak and nasty temper, she managed to keep the predators that threatened her and the safety of her children far far away.

One day, a hungry cat walked past the tree which the eagle lived. Upon hearing the chirruping sounds of the young chicks, the cat immediately climbed up the tree, ready to snack. At this point in time, the eagle came home, snarling and ready to attack. The cat was no coward, but faced with an angry eagle, it was scared stiff.

"Who is there!" shouted the eagle.
The cat was puzzled. The eagle was clearly looking at him straight in the eye.

"I am Mahat." the cat said, all the while wondering why the eagle would ask such a peculiar question. However, the clever cat soon noticed that each of the eagle's eyes had claw marks, and discerned that the eagle had lost it's sight in a fight.

"I am Mahat." said the cat again, more boldly this time.
"Mahat the cat."

The eagle snarled even louder this time.
"A cat!" she screeched. "Ah-ha! Trying to sneak a bite, are we! Well, see how I tear you to pieces!" She flapped her wings viciously and snapped straight at his face.

Shocked but still maintaining its composure, the cat sighed loudly.
"Ah," he said, shaking his head. "I have been wronged, oh great one."

The eagle, unaccustomed to hearing herself speak with such nobility, was taken aback. Seeing the eagle holding back its ferocity, the cat hurriedly continued. "I have come, from a land far far away, and have travelled for eight days without food and water. They say that a tree beside a river on the downslope of a hill, there lives a blind eagle which possesses all the knowledge there is in the world."

The eagle was now pleasantly surprised.

"Alas," said the cat. "I am most disappointed. What they have told me is not true."

Frowning, the eagle asked him what he meant by that.

"Well," the cat explained. "You must not be knowledgeable if you suspected me to be a bloodthirsty cat. You see, I am not an average cat. In order to repay my sins, I cannot kill, I cannot eat meat. The world is full of herbs and berries. Why should I commit a sin?"

The eagle was impressed with the cat's wisdom.
"Come, my friend." she said. "You have come a long way. Sit here in my nest while I fetch you something to eat. You have starved long enough."

The cat smiled gratefully as it stepped into the nest of the eagle. After making sure that her guest was comfortable, she flew away in search of food for the hungry cat.

When the eagle returned with exotic berries to please her guest, she found her guest was gone, and so were her children. The angry eagle then realised her folly, but it was already too late.

A little tale with a big message: Never be too blind to trust someone you don't know with something so precious to your heart.

Good luck, my dear.